[Chapter 12]

At first glance, the she-cat shrank away from him.

Owlpaw guessed he kind of understood.

He could imagine some random cat sneaking up on him while he comfortably slept in his den and then being awoken by getting yowled at.

Fashionably Thunderpaw.

Maybe if he cracked a joke, she would be reassured that he wasn't here to inflict pernicious.

"So you trying to be a mole or something?" He asked, "Because I practically had to dig to get here."

The she-cat stared at him for a few moments, before she smiled lightly.

Cloudpaws head popped up from the side of the rock. She stared at the she -Cat and made a face, wincing as her eyes fell upon her wounds.

"Oh, that looks bad. Badger, Fox?"

The she-cat seemed to be lost in thought before she shook her head. Her voice seemed to waver as she spoke. "Oh, uh, no. Cats"

"Cat's? As in more than one?" Mummered Cloudpaw. She exchanged glances with Owlpaw.

"We might have more intruders than we thought.."

The she-cat shook her head once more. "No, Its just me. I got it from a fight in the alley. As far as Im concerned, no cat followed me."

The she-cats voice seemsd to strengthen, giving off a courageous effort.

Cloudpaw turned towards Owlpaw, leaving the she-cat with a sideway view with her eyes.

"So whay do you think?" She asked.

"About?" Owlpaw said in a clueless look.

Cloudpaw raised her paw as if she wanted to bat him across the muzzle again. "Her! What are we going to do with the tresspasser?"

Oh....maybe we should scare her way....then again, we did come here to return her mouse..not that we have it anymore.

"Uh...drive her out..I think?" He mewed, hoping this would be the right answer to Cloudpaw.

"My names Poppy.." Whispered the she-cat from the other side lf the rock.

"What a fierce warrior." Muttered Cloudpaw, brushing her paw against her face, leaving it on her eyes for a few moments.

"Cloudpawd Owlpaw! Whats taking you so long!"

Owlpaw froze. That was the voice of his mentor. IceWind.

Cloudpaw seemed to choke.

Owlpaw whirled around. IceWind was standing below the rock. Her cold green gaze rested on Owlpaw. The look she gave him could only mean four words: I'll kill you later.

IceWind was about to speak again, but once she caught sight of Poppy, she narrowed her eyes.

"I thought I told you to stay clear of our land." Icewind spoke coldly.

Owlpaw flinched. Whenever she talked to him like that, it usually meant being battered into the ground and clawed at by his mentor.

Poppy looked genuinely frightened.

"Im sorry! I knew I was on Mapleclan land, but my paw hurt so much to keep on walking.." She flinched.

IceWind looked at Cloudpaw, whom only flicked her tail at Owlpaw.

Shes throwing me underpaw. He thought, feeling betrayed. She should just now just yowl: OWLPAW DID IT!..

IceWind stared on for a little bit longer, before meowing: "Shes in bad in bad shape."

Icewind stared at Poppys wounds.

"We should get Lilacwing to look at that."

"But shes a tresspasser!" Objected Cloudpaw.

"A warrior knows when to fight and when to have Empathy, Cloudpaw," meowed Icewind with feadly calmness.

"Its what separates us from rogues."

"I find that offensive." Meowed Owlpaw.

Icewind ignored him.

Cloudpaw nodded and groomed her chest fur, she seemed embarrassed.

"Alright, lets go." Meowed Icewind.

Cloudpaw leapt down from the rock.

Poppy rose to her paws and began to follow. When Owlpaw asked if she needed help getting down, she only replied with: "I can manage."

Once Cloudpaw and Poppy where a few foxlengths ahead of Owlpaw and IceWind, Icewind whispered into Owlpaws ears.

"You're in so much trouble my apprentice. I wont take this little adventure lightly." With that, Icewind picked up her pace.

Owlpaw gulped. He would once again have to under go punishment. Which meant being stripped of his rank for a whole day, beaten and battered, unfed, and would have to wake up the next morning hungry and train until sun down.

All this for a mouse.. He thought glumly, following the three she-cats in which was supposed to be his home.

A

: God, with my charger broken, I have to cram it inbetween my fingers just so the thing can stay alive. That makes it way harder to type in my situation with my phone. This chapter had over 40 misspelled words. I even just mispelled "mispelled". Then that last one I mispelled it again. And I did it again! Ugh! I need to buy a new wire......NOW I MISPELLED NEED!
....O MY GOD. I JUST RE-READ THIS AUTHORS NOTE AND I REALIZED I STILL SPELLED IT WRONG!
*Inaudible scream*...

NOW I REALIZE I MISPELLED REALIZED! *Inuadible....NOW I SPELLED THAT WRONG TOO?!?*

*Insane Inaudible scream*