Rebels in Distress Pt. 1

"Kanan! Where's that opening?" Hera shouted, trying her best to dodge TIE Fighter blasts.

"I got it!" He yelled from down below. The ship shook with the hits it was taking, shields failing. "Don't have it! I don't have a shot!"

"Of course! Chopper, do you have the coordinates?" A series of beeps came from the droid.
"What did he say?" Zeb said, pointing to Chopper. While Kanan is in the nose turret gunner station, Sabine, Zeb, Chopper, and Hera are in the cockpit.

"He said 'Hello hyperspace!'" She smiles, making the jump. Zeb shakes his head.

"That's not what he said." While black space turns monochrome blue, Hera relaxes and the doors open, revealing Kanan. He walks to the front of the cockpit, taking his seat next to Hera's.

"Told you we'd get away." He smiles, turning his chair towards the other two members. Sabine rolls her eyes along with Hera.

"With the shipment," Sabine states. "You said we'd get away with the shipment." Kanan looks at her in disbelief.

"Kanan, we're low on everything," Hera says facing him, face solemn. "Fuel-"

"Food," Zeb grunts out.

"Explosives," Sabine chimes in.

"We need to make some money, or else we might as well put the Ghost in storage." Hera looks away, looking at their coordinates. Everybody frowns. They don't want to give up their home.

"There's always Vizago's job..."

"Actually," Hera says, trying to lighten the mood. "I got a message from an anonymous. They said they know we are in a bit of a tight spot, so they offered us a job." Kanan looks over at her suspiciously.

"What kind of job?" He questions. "And how much?"

"You won't believe me." She answers, in disbelief herself. Everybody gives her curious looks, implying to her to continue. "Five-hundred credits. And even if we don't get the job done, they'll give us half of it, three-fifty." Zeb scoffs, Sabine whistles, and even Chopper lets out a series of beeps, saying, "Wow." Kanan laughs. Hera gives him a pointed look.

"What?"

"You have to- You have to be joking. You seriously don't think that this can't be a trap or something?"

"He's not that anonymous. I know who it is." Kanan raises an eyebrow.

"How?" She shrugs, putting in coordinates to exit hyperspace.

"He can't be any worse than Vizago, can he?" Sabine asks.

"No Sabine, they're not." Hera chuckles.

"So, what? Were arms dealers again?" Zeb asks, annoyed.

"Mmm, more like arms redistributors."

"Come on," Zeb scoffs. "We don't even know what kind of weapons we're talking about here!"

"You game?" Hera asks, turning towards Kanan.

"Say I am. What then?"

"I already know the mission. Let's head to the spaceport. Sabine?" She looks over at him. "How's your Aqualish?"
~+~+~+~+~+~
Ezra had been watching the Ghost crew when Hera got the call from the anonymous. He knew what the mission was and he would help them. One last time, he thought. He hopped onto a speeder and races towards the spaceport.
~+~+~+~+~+~+~
"Now boarding Star-Commuter Shuttle ST-45, bound for Garel." A mechanical voice says through the speakers. As many species enter the ship, Sabine, Chopper, and Zeb are part of the group. A few more people follow them in, one with a protocol droid and the other with an R-7 astromech.
"This way, Mr. Wabo." Minister Tua says to an aqualish (note: species and language are the same). Zeb looks over at Sabine and smirks. "We have seats in the front." As they sit down in front of Zeb and Sabine, Chopper being in the aisle. Mr. Wabo speaks. Minister Tua sighs. "Where is that translator?" She says, annoyed.
"Coming, Minister! Come along R-2." A gold protocol droid walks onto the ship, along with an R-2 droid. The mechanical voice is heard again.
"Final call for Star-Commuter Shuttle ST-45, bound for Garel." Just as the door is closing, Kanan runs in. He walks past Sabine and Zeb, looking at them from the corner of his eye while they give him a small nod. As he walks to a seat, the man with the R-7 droid, who has a black cloak on, shoved his droid, who it looks it is trying to hit him.
"Sentiments, please prepare for takeoff!" The RX-24 droid speaks. The ship rises off the ground and leaves Lothal, the black sky quickly turning blue.
The man with the R-7 is being poked by his droid. He glares down at it, trying to make him stop. At the front, Minister Tue 'talks' with Amda Wabo. C3-PO translates for her.
"Amda Wabo is most honored you are joining him on Garel, Minister Tua. And if I may add, on a personal note-" Just as their plan is about to start...
"Will you cut it out! You have plenty of space (ba dum. Tsh). Stop crowding me!" A voice is heard from the back from the man with the R-7. As the droid zaps him, his hood falls off and a mess of blue curls fall out.
"Kid, how 'bout you get your droid under control?"
He looks up, shoving the droid back and winks at Kanan.
"Mind your own business! Ow!" He yells, R-7 shocking him again.
"Hey, pilot?" Kanan calls out. "Isn't there some rule against droids in the passenger area?" Ezra smiles at Kanan, happy he got it that quickly. The droid sighs.
"I am sorry, sir. Your Astromech must proceed to the back of the craft.
"Hey, if my astromech's banished, then those three astromechs are banished, too" Sabine smiles and looks over at Zeb, Who is both angry, confused, and relieved because he was the one who was going to be shocked by Chopper. And he knew he wouldn't go easy. Chopper makes a series of sounds and beeps as he goes to the back.
"Astromech? Me?" C3-PO says, offended. "I have never been so insulted. I'll have you know-" Minister Tua shake shed head. "Pilot, these two droids are with me, and I am on Imperial business."
"I'm sorry, ma'am. But these are Imperial regulations." The pilot says, closing its visor as it turns around.
"But, Minister-"
"I can't risk an incident spoiling these negotiations. Go!" The two droids head the back with Chopper, the R-7, and another protocol droid, already there.
"Oh, this is so humiliating! Trust an astromech to ruin everything." R-2 makes a series of beeps.
"Secret mission? What secret mission?" As the droids go to the back, Mr. Wabo tries to speak to Minister Tua. She makes a desperate face, trying to let him see that she can't understand him.
"I'm sorry, Mr. Wabo. I- I don't understand you." Zeb, hearing this, leans forward.
"Excuse me. I couldn't help noticing your predicament. If it's of any help, my ward here is quite fluent." He points toward Sabine.
"Oh, I would never presume... But it would be good practice for my level five exams at the Imperial Academy. No, no. But I couldn't." She waves her hands, face solemn. Minister Tua's eyebrows raise in surprise.
"You're a level five academy student? I was too, once upon a time..." She says, smiling as she leans back in her chair. At the back of the craft, C3-PO is arguing with R-2 D-2.
"Don't you shush me! It hardly matters to you what they're saying."
Minister Tua turns towards Sabine, gesturing at Mr. Wabo. "Now, please ask Mr. Wabo where the shipment is being held." When Sabine asks, Mr. Wabo replies. She thinks for a moment and smiles.
"He said bay 17." As the pilot announces their arrival, Sabine glares at him, hoping they could get a little more information on what they were getting.
"Sentiments, we are approaching Garel. Please prepare for landing." As they land, Ezra goes to the back to retrieve his droid, ignoring the curious, and mad beeps coming from Chopper. As he walks out the ship, he makes his way to bay 7. Back at the ship, Minister Tua, Sabine, and Zeb exit the ship.
"My dear, you did a great service for your Empire today. Now, focus on those level fives."
"Oh, I will minister. It's been such an honor! Thank you!" She feigns enthusiasm, smiling. Zeb elbows her, trying to get her to lay off because it seemed as if it was too much. But the Minister turned her back and walked towards a group of Stormtroopers, Mr. Wabo in her trail."
"Take us to bay 17."
"Yes, Minister." The commander says.
Sabine, Zeb, and Kanan walk over to a deserted area, meeting up with each other. Sabine turns towards Kanan with her helmet on.
"Kanan, what is Ezra doing here?" He shakes his head.
"I don't know. I think he's going for bay 7, so we need to get there, now."
"Kanan," Zeb says, worried. "You don't think-"
"No, I don't. Let's just get to bay 7 and we all get paid." The two nod and follow Specter 1.
When they get there, the blast doors are already open.
"Karabast," Zeb says, pulling his Bo-Riffle from his back. "He beat us here." Kanan shakes his head.
"No, I don't sense him. It's... somebody else. Somebody... darker."

~+~+~+~+~

*Dejarik was the holographic game on the white and black circular table in the common room. It was a popular game which withstood the test of time better than nearly any other game in. It originated as a game, though as it became much more widespread over time, many beings became unaware of its origins. ( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dejarik/Legends )

~+~+~+~+~
Wow. Finally. An update. Yes, there are two parts because I wanted to get at least 1 chapter out because this is about 1600 words and I know that's short to just bear with me guys.
*awkward silence & crickets*
*sighs* Yeah, whatever. And I'm sorry about the spacing difference that a lot of you guys may or may not have noticed. I don't know what happened. Happy Friday the 13th!!!