Spark-not so much of a spark- of rebellion pt. 2

"Got it?" Kanan says, turning off the hologram of the ship. Sabine and Zeb nod while Chopper makes a couple of beeps in confirmation. "Ezra said-"

"Please, how can we trust anything he says?" Zeb says, gutting his finger over to the shadow in the corner. He shifts, uncomfortable that all the attention was on him. Kanan shakes his head.

"Yeah, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree with Zeb," Sabine states, crossing her arms. "For all we know, he could still be working for them and we could very well be walking into a trap.

"You can't." Ezra walks out of the shadowy corner, frowning. "For all you know, you're correct. I could be handing you over. But even if that was my goal, I wouldn't be paid or congratulated for capturing you. I'd be taken right along with you and be killed long before you because I don't know anything you do and I'd be tortured for every act of treason, privately and publicly, before I was killed. So, even if I were turning you in, I'd be signing my death wish." Sabine and Zeb look at him, surprised. Hera just stares at Kanan, worried.

"Ezra," Hera speaks quietly, looking towards the boy. "Could this be a trap?" Ezra nods.

"Of course. For all we know, the information given to Vizago is a trap, but that is also what I heard, but I heard they were going to the Spice Mines. I don't know if they would be on the ship. Not even using the Force. I would have to know who I'm looking for. I can't just go wookiees and see where they are." Ezra rolls his eyes, earning a glare from Kanan. He ducks his head. "Sorry."

"No, you're right. I didn't mean it like that. I'm sorry." Ezra nods at Hera, smiling a little.

"Anyways," Kanan says, trying to ease the tension. "We have to be prepared for a trap. They'll most likely cut off communication, so we have to get this plane down." The Specters, and Ezra, nod in unison and understanding.

"Get ready," Hera speaks, standing. "We exit hyperspace soon. Suit up." As the Specters leave to gather their weapons and explosives, Hera asks Ezra to stay back. "Hey, about earlier-"

"No, Sabine and Zeb are right to question me. It's fine." Hera shakes her head sadly as she sees the sadness in Ezra's eyes.

"But we shouldn't doubt. You're risking your life to be here. You could be hiding, but you're helping us take down the Empire. That should be enough for them to trust you."

"It takes more than that to just trust someone. It's never that easy." Ezra begins to walk out, and before he does, though, Hera whispers,

"But it should be." Ezra pauses, but continues anyway, going to Kanan and his's room to suit up. Before he enters, he wipes the few tears that escaped his eyes, and then does, putting on his face and walks in. As Kanan looks over at him, eyeing his face, he purses his lips and doesn't say anything. Ezra, thankful that he doesn't, climbs up the bunk bed and sits down, back to the door, and meditates. Kanan, already sitting on his bed, closes his eyes, trying to feel what Ezra was without startling the young boy, or getting to close to his head that he could sense him.

"You know," Ezra speaks, startling the man. "It'd just be easier if you'd ask." Kanan laughs.

"No, it wouldn't." Ezra scoffs. "Alright," Kanan remarks. "What's wrong?" Although hesitant, Ezra knows he probably should tell Kanan. "And remember, you don't need to tell me if you don't want to." Ezra laughs.

"I said it'd be easier to ask than snooping around my head."

"But if you don't want to, you don't have to." Ezra sighs defeated almost, against himself. He's usually never given a choice.

"They don't trust me," Ezra says sadly. He shakes his head, trying not to sound like he wants them to like him. He doesn't. He doesn't. "It's not an issue, it's just if the time comes, I may be the person who doesn't get to go back home."