Friend or Foe?

"When you told me we were practicing deflecting," Ezra yells, dodging blast after blast coming at him. "I feel as if this is a little unfair." Ezra deflects one of the blasts to the helmet, knocking it down for the tenth time that morning. 

"A lot of things are unfair, Ezra. I think you of all people should know that. And know that three against one isn't that unfair." Kanan picks up the helmet and places it on the rock one more. "Again. Increase firing." Ezra groans internally but readies himself. 

"Ezra Bridger"  Ezra looks up, confused. 

"Begin." 

"Kanan, wai-" Ezra tries his best to get him to stop, but he must quickly keep dodging blasts coming from around him. 

"Their own son!" 

Another deflected blast. 

"I knew your parents very well, Ezra." Ezra loses focus. He feels something graze his leg. His knees buckle. 

Another

"Run!"

another 

"I'm sorry."

and another.

"This will be your end, traitor. And I'm glad to be here to see it."   

"Ezra!" Ezra's eyes shoot open as he gasps for air. Though his panic, he hears a collective sigh of relief coming from around him. Ezra sits up, looking down at the bandage around his leg. 

"I told you blaster fire was too dangerous!" Ezra hears Hera whisper to Kanan. 

"He said he could handle it," Kanan replied. Ezra starts to stand, Kanan helping him up. "You alright, kid?" Ezra nods. 

"I had a vision," Ezra says, looking at the slowly setting sun. "I think we should go check the news." 

~+~+~+~+~+

"A prison outbreak?" Sabine asks, looking over at Ezra. "What does that have to do with your parents." 

"The day after it happened, I had a vision. One of the prisoners, prisoner X-10, I know him. Commander Sato was able to track down the names in the prison of the most recent outbreak and gave the list to Hera. She gave it to me and, well, I used the force to figure out which person we need to find. His name is Ryder Azadi. I finalized his arrest papers while I was an imperial with a desk job before I was put on the field and then trained as a Sith. I knew the name because he used to be friends with my parents. I also remember that was his prison code. I never knew where he went, though." Sabine nods. 

"So what are we going to do?" Zeb questions, staring at the prison records. Ezra smiles.

"We're going to find him." 

~+~+~~+~+~

"He's in the mountains just up ahead." Ezra points to an area in the mountains. "We'll find him there. Start landing." Kanan does as Ezra says, also knowing that they shouldn't get too close with the Phantom. Landing, and leaving Chopper, the two start to make their way to the mountains. 

"So, what's our plan?" Kanan asks, looking over at Ezra. "You and I both know we can't just waltz up to his home without being shot." 

"So we don't," Ezra replies. 

"That's... that wasn't the point, Ezra." 

"I'll do the talking." Ezra looks over at Kanan and smirks. Kanan rolls his eyes but continues forward. As they enter the mountains, the two see a speeder. Looking over at Kanan, Ezra motions for him to be quiet and to get down. Kanan nods and moves to Ezra's right, staying behind the boy. Walking, Ezra suddenly shifts to his right, almost knocking into Kanan, as he's shot at. Kanan immediately gets behind a rock to his right.