"WHERE IS NAYARA?" GIF | [S.R - K.D - N.L]

Steve kept his eyes on Kara, glaring at her

Steve kept his eyes on Kara, glaring at her. Nayara had left one heaving without saying goodbyes, only to Logan and Emma of course, and had not been found since. Steve had an immense worry growing at the pit of his stomach every single hour of the day. He moved earth and sea trying to find her, but he could not. It was not his fault, the girl had decided to leave this world behind to go and follow Nayara and Barry into their own. But he did not know that. He thought maybe she had left due to the fight she had with Peter, but as he searched more he was unable to find any trace of her. 

His first thought that she had been taken by HYDRA again, and was being tortured someplace he couldn't find her. Then he started to think how maybe, she was simply dead. She was dead in some HYDRA base. However, he decided to avoid the latter thought. He needed too if he could cope. 

It was why now that when he saw Kara Danvers talking to Emma he had arrested her. She was always with Nayara, even through her last moments. Kara believed that the right thing to do was inform the blonde woman, Nayara's guardian and what was left of a family, about her 

Steve looked down at Kara with a strong look. He wanted to yell at her at the top of his lugs, do anything to make her speak. He had last seen her with Nayara before she disappeared. "Where is Nayara? Where do you have her? If you have done something to her I swear-" Steve said, but Kara cut him off. 

"I would have never laid a hand on her." Kara told him. 

"Where is she? Where has she been this past months?" Steve told her. Kara looked down at the floor, her face turning sour. "You either tell me by choice, or I will force it out of you. I am not a man who resources to do the latter but I'm desperate. I'm trying to make sure she arrives home safely." Steve told her. 

"To who? To you?" Kara asked in half astonishment. "She was destroyed by the fact that you thought she was betraying you all because she helped a wounded man! She cared so much for you, Steve. She cared so much for your opinion, for your company." Kara told her. 

"I will do anything in my power to bring her back home." Steve repeated, coming closer to Kara. "Where is she?" Steve asked. 

"She is already home." Kara whispered to him. 

Steve looked at her confused. "I believe it when I see it." Steve told her. "I didn't saw her when you were talking to Emma, and she hasn't called at all." Steve added. 

Kara looked at Steve in the eyes. "She can't call you." Kara told Steve. 

Steve's glare harden. "Where is she? I would-" Steve started by Kara cut him off. 

"She is here. She is in Emma's apartment. They are going to move her." Kara said, unable to look at him in the eye as she though of the following words. She could not say it, because it meant accepting it, and she couldn't. 

"She is dead." Kara whispered, looking absolutely defeated. Steve took a few steps backwards, keeping a distance from Kara. "She is dead." Kara said, louder this time as her voice cracked. 

Steve turned around, unable to look at Kara in the eye. His fist clenched, holding back the urge to punch the wall. Steve lifted up his head, hoping that the tears that were beginning to form would fall back into his eyes. 

"S-she died protecting me. She didn't thought twice before taking that bullet for me." Kara told him with a restrained voice. "And she was so brave. She was so stubborned. She always complained about you being stubborned and stupid sometimes...jumping off planes without a parachute. Not caring if you went on a mission and never came back." Kara said, holding back a sob as she remembered Nayara's face. The face of pure happiness. Her eyes would light up every time she spoke about something she enjoyed, or about someone she admired.

Steve looked on the floor, showing a bitter sweet smile. He knew that if Nayara would be here right now, he would have told her that she was being as stubborn as he was in which she would reply with a sarcastic comment saying how happy she was like him. Then she would ask some random question, that Steve would have laughed at and answered. 

But she was not there. 

She was no going to be there anymore. 

"I told Barry I would bring back the body. He could have come...but I knew he was as destroyed as I was, even more. He blames himself for not being fast enough." Kara said before she let out a small sob. Steve at her from over her shoulder. 

"What happened?" Steve asked her. "I deserved to know at least. I deserve to know w-" Steve choked on his words. "Why she wouldn't be coming back." He finished. 

"She got shot....because she stepped in front of me. She stepped in to protect me." Kara told Steve. "They said that she died on the scene. She didn't felt no pain...but that doesn't help." Kara said to him.

"How do I not know you are lying?" Steve asked her. Kara took off her glasses and let her hair down. She flew quickly away before returning with Supergirl costume on. Steve frowned when he saw her. 

He saw the pain and guilt in the girl's eyes. He knew that by the emotions that were radiating from the young hero, she hadn't done anything to her. Kara gave one last look before flying off. She was unable to contain herself. The wounded soldier, now alone, allowed himself to take as a seat as he looked down with tears at the photo that Kara had left on the table of Nayara.

Kara flew up high into the sky, almost reaching the edges of earth as tears fell down her face. She clenched her jaw before letting a painful scream. With the help of her lungs, she tried to let out the pain within her. She had lost her best friend.

∷ ∷ ∷ ∷ ∷ ∷

A/N: My heart broke down when I wrote this imagine. I first did the gif above, and then got inspired to do the imagine. It breaks my heart.