"HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAP!" IMAGINE | [N.L - S.R]

NAYARA LILLY WAS proud of being friends with Captain America. Before landing on his world, she was a big fan of him. When the two of first met it was not how she would have imagined, but still she did and after many struggles together the two of them found a remarkable bond. One which Tony will always use to mock, telling Nayara that she was "Ms America Jr.". Nayara of course will answer that she will never be able to fill Steve's footsteps, nor be equal to such legend she admired and loved so much. Steve on the other hand will tell her that she was more than equal to him and if it came down to the day that he stopped being Captain America, he would give the mettle to her because he knew of her beliefs. He knew that she will fulfill the tittle even if she doubted herself. 

The duo had spent countless times together whether it was watching Disney films together - curtesy of Nayara telling him that he had missed a lot since he had been sleep - or just Nayara helping him find some villain. It was clear that at some point came the topic of the birthdays. 

Now, Nayara held back her tongue when Thor had asked her when Steve's birthday was. Of course she knew, but sadly she didn't want to seem weird by telling the birthday if Steve had not directly told her himself. Although, it was not until Emma - Nayara's guardian-  planned a nice gathering at her apartment with one date in mind: 4th of July. Nayara had to tell her that she had had plans that day, and when Emma questioned her Nayara let slip Steve's birthday, right next to Steve. 

The blonde hero kept quiet, not even surprised that the girl knew his birthday. After all, he knew Nayara's secrets. Steve just send a encouraging smile to Nayara, seeing her cheeks heat up out of embarrassment. Either way, it was clear to say that Nayara on that moment and onwards started to plan Steve's secret birthday party. Oh, she was going to have so much fun with it. 

And so Nayara planned a great birthday party for Steve Rogers. The brunette wanted to show Steve how grateful she was for all the help and support he had given her, so she planned a great surprise. It took her a week to plan and another week to get everything settle. When she heard that Tony was throwing his own party for Steve the brunette had a serious conversation with him with involved them snapping quick remarks at each other. But they finally agreed with each other. Nayara had to at least include Tony on the process not only because he meant a lot to Steve but also because she wanted Tony to make the big finale of the night. 

At first Tony thought it will be a simple surprise of him just jumping on the stage singing Captain America's song back from World War II, but it did not. Nayara had much bigger plans than that: a firework show. Even though Tony thought it will be a little lame he accepted, since he was unable to say no to Nayara's happy face that resembled a kid. Deep down he too had a soft spot for the girl. 

Then it came the point of where the party will be held, and the two of them finally agreed it will be the Avenger's tower just for the sake of the fireworks. But the worst thing about this logistics was the accident of the music, or as the avengers call it 'H2O Incident'. An incident that made Natasha change her social interactions to a minimum, and made Clint Barton nervous by just the mere memory of it. 

One nice evening in the Avenger's tower, when Nayara was showing some music from the 40s and 50s to Thor, Tony came walking in and told her that he had already pick the music and that he wouldn't be listening to this 'crappy' music. Nayara held back her tongue and instead focused on trying to teach Thor how to dance like back in the day. Tony then got annoyed at it and threw one of his metal gloves on it, breaking not only the speakers but also Nayara's phone in the process. 

Since Thor saw how annoyed and sad Nayara was, he volunteer to take revenge with her on Tony. The god of thunder was a little bit mad seeing that the girl who just smiled and gave him compliments was all sad because of Tony. This was the only time Nayara did a prank on Tony. The brunette asked Thor for some help, and so the tall blonde distracted Tony while she used her powers to create a thin layer of ice in the entire floor of Tony's lab, as well as the doorknobs. So that where ever he was he will slip. Then there was the fact that Nayara - got this idea from Loki - filled Tony's room with water and froze it. It was really funny watching Tony just smacking his face against the ice when he tried to enter his room. 

Even though this was some struggle for poor Tony - who learned his lesson -  the party was quickly ready to start. Nayara was wearing her blue dress with white stars as she talked on the phone. "No, I ordered an arrangement of red, white and blue." Nayara said on the phone. "You don't have them?" Nayara asked in annoyance 

"Don't worry, lady Lilly. I will go and get them." Thor said, hearing Nayara's annoyance. 

Nayara smiled at Thor. "Thank you. This is why you are one of the greatest heroes of all time, oh mighty Thor." Nayara said to him. 

"I'm mighty Thor." Thor said pointing to himself. Nayara held back a laugh. 

"Okay, the order is for Nayara Lilly Frost, but a man by the name of Thor will pick it up." Nayara said on the phone. She watched him leave to pick up the order. "Yes, the superhero." She added when she heard the woman from the other line. The brunette relaxed a little, hanging up the phone. 

"If you keep pacing, I will have to order a new floor." Tony said to her, watching how the young adult was nervously walking in circles. "I'm amazed at how you haven't gotten yourself dizzy by just walking in circles." Tony added to her. 

Nayara rolled her eyes at him. "You should watch were you are going." Nayara said to him. 

Tony jumped back and looked on the floor. "Is it the ice?" Tony asked. Nayara held back a laugh, feeling some kind of accomplishment in Tony's reaction. 

Nayara looked up to him. "You were about to crash into into that table." Nayara said, pointing at the small coffee table. Tony sighed, shaking his head. 

"You are so polite and then Steve leaves and your sarcasm just escapes." Tony said with a little bit of amusement. 

"Oh, well I learned from the best. Didn't I?" Nayara joked, pointing at him. 

"I got the cake." Tony said to her. 

"Wait what?" Nayara said, looking at him. "But I got the cake." Nayara added. 

Tony shrugged. "Well, mine is better." Tony said, giving a slight smile to Nayara. "It has Steve's face on it and it shoots confetti." Tony added. 

Nayara sighed, taking a seat on the sofa. "I guess it is." Nayara added, looking down on the floor. "I'm not  ready...." Nayara said thinking about the birthday party. 

Tony sighed, looking up at the brunette. "He will love it. I promise it." Tony told her. Then he took a headband from behind him and put it on her head. It light up with red and white stars. Nayara cracked up at how silly she looked. "See much better." Tony added. 

. . . 

Nayara paced quietly, watching the pocket watch that Steve had given her. "Now everyone quiet before if not I will end you...Barton drop the chips!" Nayara said, turning to look at him. Hawkeye stopped eating a bit afraid at how she was able to spot him without turning around. Then she saw the elevator doors about to open. 

The lights turned off...then

Surprise!

Steve jumped at the shout. JARVIS turned on the lights and he was able to spot everyone cheering from them. Steve held back a laugh when she saw Nayara cheer up to him. "Happy Birthday!"She said to him, motioning to everyone else. 

Then she grabbed him by the arm and pushed him to one of the windows. Then in a blink of an eye an series of fireworks appeared on the sky.  "Surprise...you like it?" she asked him. 

Steve was about to cry, looking down at his best friend. "Yeah." He said, fixing her star headband. 

Nayara relaxed at it. Tony them appeared with his Iron Man suit, letting out more fireworks, and let it out the a display that even had Steve's face on it.