Chapter 16

Chooky's POV

The heat, here, doesn't affect me in any ways. I'm use to lava and fire.  I also can understand what the ghasts are saying. It's kinda creepy what they're talking about. I can hear them for a distance away.

"oD uoy esnes rehtona ecneserp?" I heard.

"seY! eW dluohs troper ot ruo droL won!"

"yakO."

"Come on, guys. We need to hurry up." I said after I heard that.

I noticed up ahead, there was all lava. Like a lava swimming pool. How the nethers are we suppose to get to that light then? We immediately stopped.

"Dude, there's parkour!" Jakob said.

That word sounded strangely familiar. Yes, I remember. Parkour is a type of obstacle. It tends to be little poles that you have to jump on to without falling off. It can be above water, above lava, or in the air floating. Many people tend to skip over with ender pearls.

I looked up and noticed it was a harder type of parkour. There were no blocks. It was floating nether fencing. Ome small slip and.... ugh. And I don't believe I have any ender pearls on me. Just great!

"Who goes first?" Nina asked.

"Uhhhh..." Leo said.

"I will," Dylan said bravely.

"Be careful! I, uh, I mean... good luck." Mia said.

Dylan looked scared. Ha! He says he never gets scared. He gulped and jumped. I closed my eyes tightly. I didn't want to watch my friend, whom I've known for a whole year, just die before my eyes. I  looked after I heard another jump he made.

"Whoa!" Dylan wobbled.

He made another jump and leaned foward. After a minute or two, he was about to the other side. He jumped and he landed stomach first onto the nether blocks. He made it. We all cheered. Nina went next. She made it. Then Mia went. After she made it, Leo went. He tripped and fell onto Dylan. Then I went.

"Focus! Focus! Focus!" I muttered to myself.

I jumped and landed perfectly. I backed up just a teeny bit then I jumped on the one towards my right. Then I jumped again. And again. And again. Then on my left. Then onto the nether blocks. I made it! We all cheered. Now it was only Jakob left.

"Is it hard?" Jakob asked.

"If you focus, no." I yelled.

He was shaking slightly. He must really be scared. Then, a pigman started running up behind him. But Jakob didn't see.

"Jump, Jakob, jump!" Nina screamed.

That got him going. He jumped right as the pigman reached him. Jakob jumped on each fence supper fast. Then, he jumped towards the nether block and missed.

"JAKOB!" we all yelled.

Leo grabbed his hand at the last second. Leo pulled Jakob up. Jakob's eyes were as wide as saucers and his mouth was slightly open. He turned to Leo and bro hugged him.

"Thank you so much, Leo!" Jakob said.

"Yeah, yeah. Come on. Let's go!" Leo said.

We started to walk. It was boring. I ate some cooked beef and a watermelon slice from our new garden. It was pretty good. I was soooo bored, though. We had nothing to really talk about.