REUNION

"The Myrmidon is... Out of this galaxy," Steven declared as their stolen destroyer entered the Lionhearted staraway leaving the galaxy.

Michael breathed a sigh of relief. "Good, now there is no way for them to track it. Alf get a team of droids on the Myrmidon and sweep every inch of it for tracking device is or anything unusual. If we ever bring it back into our galaxy I don't want the Adolph migration showing up."

"Already on it sir," the AI answered.

Michael leaned back into his chair thankful he could finally rest after almost two days of nonstop stress.

"Fourteen billion!!" Daniel exclaimed off to his right.

"Yes, Daniel we know," Stephanie scolded. "You don't have to keep saying it like that every five minutes."

"I know, I know. But it's fourteen billion!" Daniel exclaimed again.

"Well, one thing is for sure our money problem has been solved," Steven said standing up and stretching.

"A lot more than solved," Daniel declared. "With this much we could actually start our own nation!"

Stephanie clasped her hand over her eyes. "No! Daniel we are not starting our own empire."

"Why not? Think about it we could actually restart the Lionhearted legitimately!"

"I'm not even going to honor that questions with an answer it is so stinking stupid," Stephanie told him.

Before Daniel could respond Catherine looked over at Michael and asked, "What are we planning to do with the money?"

Michael slumped farther into his chair and shook his head. "Honestly I'm not–."

"Sir, sentries have detected a small craft entering the asteroid belt and headed straight for us," Alf informed them.

Steven's back went ram rod straight and he spun around to look at the view screens. "That's not possible! We are over a day away from any star way even for the fastest the ship and this asteroid field is not on any map in the galaxy!"

The main view screen brought up a clear image of a small shuttle flying through the asteroid field.

"Maybe it's some type of survey drone," Catherine offered.

Steven shook his head. "No that is far too small to have survey equipment on it in fact if I didn't know better I'd say it looks like a two-person colony car."

"It does at that," Daniel agreed. "But they are designed to fly around the inside of a colony or planet. Only a moron would fly something like that out into deep space."

"The craft has entered the kill box," Alf informed them. "Shall I activate the thrusters on the sentries and crushed them with the asteroids?"

"No!" Michael answered. "Open a communication channel with them."

"Sir, in light of our recent acquisition that is highly ill-advised. My probability matrix says that there's a ninety-nine-point nine percent chance that this is some form of trap. I suggest we crush them with an asteroid as soon as possible," the AI insisted.

"The sensors clearly show two people alive inside that shuttle," Michael argued. "And even if it is a trap I'd rather have to abandon this asteroid field and searched three months for another one before we randomly kill two people just because they are in the wrong place at the wrong time. Now opening the communication channel."