- Transition -

"Yes, this will work," Steven said as he stared up into a 3D hologram that filled the entire command deck. "In fact we couldn't ask for better."

"Is it possible to do what I suggested?" Stephanie asked. "You know remove the true AI aspect of it?"

Steven nodded.

"Ha," Daniel laughed. "You know you're the one that tried to give the AI the choice to choose to begin with. Now you're the one trying to make sure it won't even have the possibility of ever choosing."

"Well considering what it did with that choice. I believe it best we remove such possibilities from the table altogether," Catherine answered for Stephanie.

"I agree," Michael added. "This will be the baseline for the entire orphanage we don't want something or someone able to influence it." He glanced around the command room. "So, are we all agreed this is what we want to do?"

Daniel shrugged, "Yeah, I think so."

"I do as well," Catherine added.

Michael looked over at Steven and Stephanie and they nodded.

His eyes turned to his father who stood in his guest room, aboard the mobile space station they had confiscated from president Winkler, listening to their conversation through an opening dimensional door. "This is neither mine or your mother's choice to make," Mr. Jaeger said with a smile.

"I know," Michael answered. "But if we do this it's going to put a lot of responsibility on you and mom. You won't really have time to be missionaries anymore."

"That's fine son. We haven't been able to do much missionary work since the destruction of the mining station, with our names being on the most wanted list and all. Not only that I am almost sixty and gallivanting across the galaxy is a bit taxing."

Michael nodded. "Mom?"

Mrs. Jaeger walked into view. "I agree but I believe this is going be a great deal harder than you understand. Convincing caretakers to up and steal off with their children to some super-secret orphanage is not going to be easy."

"I know mom," Michael answered. "But we first have to get the base of the system up and running and start construction on the MB before we even begin to think about PR and the procurement of children or rather the rescuing of children." He turned back to the others. "All right so it's decided then. Steven, you go ahead and begin the coding while the rest of us go over the protocols we wanted to set up."

Steven reached out and shrunk the giant 3D hologram of the Myrmidon's AI core, he stared down at for a moment then said, "I can but you do realize that this will permanently remove all chances of us recovering any data from it, any information we could have learned on the Adolph migration will be lost forever."

"No, I didn't realize that," Michael answered.

"Well it does. For this to work the way we want it to I have to deep scrub large portions of the AI's default dynamism at the same time wiping out any possibility of recovering any of the lost data."

Daniel frowned, "Can't you just clone the information or something?"

"I already have," Steven answered. "But the high-tech security on this AI core is designed in such a way that it makes it impossible for that information to be used or even read in any shape way or form other than on the very hardware it was conceived on."

"Oh," Daniel said.

"What makes it worse is that I think I may have figured out how to restore some the data on the AI core itself, but I dare not even try to do that."