Chapter 37

Amina POV
I heard footsteps running after me and I already know it was Alejandro. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer. "I'm Sorry you found out that way" he says. "I know you may feel like-" I shook my head and pushed him away. "Stop. Just please stop. What you think you know isn't right. I already knew she wasnt my mother." I say taking steps back from him. "At the time I didn't care when I found out. I just wanted someone to love me and do the things a mother would do. I never planned for things to go this far." His eyes flashed with sadness and I was engulfed in a hug.

"I found out when I was around eight. Just being a child and eaves dropping listening to grown folks business" I say looking at him. "I'm scared. I'm scared for me,my kids,my father even though I shouldn't, but you I am so scared for you. I don't want anything to happen to us. I just wanna be happy again." I sob. He looked at me nodding "she isn't as big and bad as she seems. She preys on the weak and sorry to say but your father is weak. We can beat her and she won't be able to hurt you anymore" I gave him a teary smile and nodded. All of a sudden there was a loud explosion making us jump up and run out the room. "Get the kids and go to my office. Under my desk there's a door. Go GO." I quickly nodded before running to Aaliyah's room grabbing her. Covering her head I run to the playroom to see Noah huddled in the corner. "Come on baby. Hurry" he looked up and ran to me grasping my leg. "Where's Maddy." I ask urgently. "She said she
Was going to the bathroom but hasn't came back yet" he whined. Grabbing his hand we start running to the nearest bathroom only to see it blasted away from the explosion. I scream and sit Aaliyah down to look through the debris. I come up empty and decide to take Noah and Aaliyah to the office so I can continue to look without worry. Picking up each kid on my waist I dart to the office and put Noah down to answer the door. Standing there was Madison trying to push the desk all alone. I ran to her and yank her to me in a tight hug. "Where were you?!" I question. She
looked down. "I wanted to go to the bathroom in my room and when I came out I ran into daddy and he brought me here telling me about a door. I'm sorry mommy" she says getting teary. Wiping her tears. I ran to lock the doors of the office before handing Liyah to Noah. With all my strength I push the dresser to the door before pulling back the carpet and opening the door. On the other side was a staircase leading to a room that was dimly lit. I grab a flashlighg off the wall and turn off the lights in the office. Taking Aaliyah we all carefully walk to the stairs Noah closing it behind him. We sat down about twenty minutes before we heard multiple gunshots rang through the air above us. I pull the kids closer and say a quick prayer for Alejandro.

Alejandro POV
The bitch thought she was sneaky with her attack
methods but she should know that I am always ready. I thought brother dearest would have told her that. Someone grabs me from behind and I quickly jab him in the side then turned to slam his head repeatedly to my knee. I continued making my way through the house killing people every step of the way. I made it to the dowstairs foyer and there stood Mabel. She looked at me laughing and wagging her finger. "You cause a lot of problems boy. I don't like problems." She says then snaps her finger. Then four men come to the banister. Holding my family. "What the fuck you crazy bitch. I'm gonna kill you." I say stepping to her. She makes a signal with her hand and three of her men throw my kids of the rail. Amina let out a loud scream thrashing against the man holding her. The rest happened in slow motion. I dived catching Aaliyah. Roy dived catching Noah and Ray dived catching Madison. I hear cackling and turn to see Mabel laughing. "Ooo touchdown boys three points" she says slapping her knee. Roy takes Aaliyah and then him and Ray run off somewhere safe with the kids. "Hmm. Buzzkills." I walk towards her again and raise my gun. "Ah ah ah. If you shoot so does he." She says pointing to the man holding a crying Amina at gun point. I lower my gun "KILL HER!" She says as two loud shots rang out making a body fall over the banister.