What did I get myself into?

A smile grew on my face which was complimented with dimples on each side of my cheeks. I turned around and was welcomed with a familiar face. "Charlie?" I said question my quick judgment of character. "You alright mate?" He said back in a strong British accent. I was set back a bit with a small startle as last time I saw him he was rocking an American one. My eyes cascaded to his worn shoes. 

"long day?" I replied completely ignoring his previous sentence.  He shook his head in a way that revealed to me I had missed out on a lot. "Have a seat I have to talk to you" he said with a complete change of tone.                                                                                                                                                   "They sent me for you Aurora." Before he could say anymore I lifted my hand up and said: "The name is Jessica, and I cant do anything about it I left the agency years ago."  

"Well due to recent circumstances, you know what I'm talking about, you have to come back for your own protection," He said in a demanding voice.  

I got up from my chair and felt a strong force on my wrist. "You have no choice, Jessica."                   "listen I need time just 24 hours please"                                                                                                                      I was now desperate. My desperation was clear to him and this led him to give a slight nod "Marylin will have ya head and mine if you decide to act funky."                                                                  After reassuring him nothing would happen I sprinted back to the motel and completely ignored the lady at the front desk, When I reached my room I was panting breathlessly. What have I done? I grab the only item to my name and begin to run back down, as I exit He is almost a foot away from me. He is standing with his hands in the air. I don't know what I am doing, but I run, away from him. I don't look back but I can hear him running after me. I am not a slow runner, but compared to him, I am slow enough. When I get down to the ground floor, almost close to the entrance, Charlie grabs hold of my shoulder. But I shove it away. No, I throw him away, and he drops to the ground, face first. I stop for a second and then start to run again. But I can hear Charlie pulling himself up. So I turn around again and pin him to the ground. At first, he tries to move but then he stops. I see the hurt in his eyes, maybe that's the way someone looks when they have their mind controlled by others. He is bleeding from a wound over his eyebrow, and one on his cheek right under the eye. He fell face first on the ground covered by broken bricks and shattered glass. I let go of him. "Do whatever you want, but please don't get out of here," he says, getting up on his feet. But that's exactly what I want to do, run away from here. And there's no way Charlie would let me do that. So I throw him away again. This time his head hits the ground, hard enough to knock him unconscious. I scampered down several roads until I felt safe enough to stop. It has now been 28 hours without food, water, and proper sleep.

 I seemed to have no dragged myself to the coastline where the lagoon interrupted what was otherwise a thick line of white-gold sand. Behind the sand was an endless concrete jungle of apartments and hotels stretching as far as the eye could see. On any summer day the sand would be entirely obscured by vacation goers in their multicolored board shorts and bikinis, sunbathing and getting burnt. But this was the offseason, and the beach was bathed in the yellow ball of fire that changed to hues of orange, and then almost tangerine. It merged with the sky, like juice-mix dissolving in a glass of water. The clouds were cotton-candy, as though they blushed at the warm touch of the sun. Silhouettes of birds flew home across a sky that was now magenta; and the sun was half into the water, but its reflection in the sea made it look complete. The mauve of the dusky sky intensified, and in just a while, the biggest star had set, giving way to a thousand others. How beautiful it must have been a hundred years ago.