Mystery

The thought of meeting my parents ran across my mind, I will just not now. I walked out the room embedded in beautiful jewelry that Bianca also left me. I was adjusting my earing as I pressed the button on the elevator door. The elevator had white marble walls, a blue carpet, a silver handrail, and no buttons. I pressed my hand against a small glass pane and a ray of options lit up on the screen I pressed floor one and waited patiently. 

A few moments had passed and the door revealed illuminating lights and music blasting into the most vacant corners. The bejeweled chandiler reflected the rainbows of the light across the dancefloor. I was mesmerized. I walked to the desk that was handing out masks to every person who walked in with me. I grabbed one too, It was black lacy and had a black feather attached to the roof of it.  This was perfect. When i walked into the luminescent ballroom I broke the crowd and made my way to the middle, as that's where the maids were stood I was hoping to find Bianca but I had no such luck.  The screeching of the microphone disturbed my search mission to the point where I decided to listen. 

"Ehem hello, this ball as you know is for the man who is going to inherit this hotel chain. So we are going to ask all the ladies to stay on the dance floor and when the light it off the men are going to walk and pick a dance partner! One of you lucky ladies will be in the arm of this mystery guest, you won't know until the end of the dance. Enjoy!" The man at the stage exclaimed. I rolled my eyes I found this ridiculous. Never the less I decided to join. The clock chimed 8 pm and then all the men left the floor. I stood still while the girls moved closer to the entrance where "the man of the hour" will come out from. I didn't care. 

The place went pitch black. I felt a hand grab my arm and I was pulled into the position of a waltz, Oh great. One two three four, I repeated as he had his hands on my waist and we twirled to the rhythm of the music.   He lifted my head and with every step, I spun in delicate circles as my light angelic dress was gracefully billowing out. The pressure of a warm hand on my back and the feeling of my small agile feet gliding along the floor. it felt like a small bird learning how to fly, flailing around and finally taking off with outstretched wings and windswept feathers. 

All I could hear was the music bouncing off the walls and into our hearts.I was curious who I was dancing with, only to compliment his dance skills of course. The slow music spun like thread around us. I rested my head of his chest, and let him sway my body 'round and 'round again. The violins came in, then the piano, and then the slow and sure beating of a drum. the music slowed and then to a complete stop, we met at the hands. I looked up attempting to see anything but I couldn't see. 

 The lights slowly turned on and I curtseyed at the same time as all the men bowed to their partner, It was time for the reveal. His piercing blue eyes drew me in but also seems incredibly familiar. He raised his hand and said "Thank you for coming to my party" and looking at me he said with a devil like a smile "and thank you to my talented partner". he removed his mask and I was out of words. It was Dawson. 

"I love you Lewis!" an urging voice screamed from the back. I tilted my head in surprise as he looked at me. Annoyed I said, "Lewis huh." 

He rolled his eyes and said "yes Jessica its Lewis, also your not the only one with secrets, we need to talk" 

"I saw you die" I replied confused as ever. 

"that's what I have to talk to you about, follow me." He replied following with his finger on his lips.