Sirens

I was still trying to wrap my head around the fact Dawson was alive. Clearly, he wanted to tell me something as he was pulling me by my arm down to the elongated hallway which was slightly dimmed down compared to the rest of the hotel. We stopped and I was panting and annoyed. 

"Can you tell me what the hell is going on?" I asked frustrated. He smiled and pushed the large wooden door that revealed a warm library with seemingly thousands of books. I walked in and took off my heels, they were killing me. I sat on the brown leather couch that was resting on the only wall that was not dressed with a bookshelf. 

"So obviously I need to explain, well let's begin with the festival." He said pacing back and forth in front of me. 

"Just tell me, Dawson." I pleaded. He looked at me alert: "Please call me Lewis here, that's my name here, Dawson is my real name, ill explain later on. " 

I nodded my head and told him to carry on, i needed to know how he is alive.  

"Have you ever heard of pseudocide?" He asked. I shook my head confused.

"Well, its when an individual, in this case, me, leaves evidence to suggest that he/she is dead to mislead others. This is done for a variety of reasons, such as to collect money or to avoid capture by law enforcement for some other crime." He explained.

"But Lewis, YOUR A DAMN MILLIONAIRE, YOU DONT NEED MONEY!" I exclaimed

He looked at me again and sat on the couch next to me with his head buried in his arms. 

"No it's not the money, Jessica or aurora whatever you go by, I'm in trouble, I'm supposed to be dead, my twin brother Lewis died saving me. I was a bad teen, gangs, drugs and every other thing you can think of, my brother was a successful businessman who was caught in the crossfire. The mafia you worked for helped me cover it up and helped me take his place. But i couldnt meet my end of the deal."  He said ashamed. 

"What did they want?" I asked. 

"My loyalty to their corp, But then after I couldn't get you back and we kind of went off track, They shot me" Dawson replied.

"But, Lewis you're alive," I said letting out a laugh of disbelief. 

"I know this sounds silly, I did get shot." He unbuttoned his tux and showed me the stitches that were still healing on this chest. 

"How are you alive... I saw you die" I asked curiously. 

"I flatlined but when they got my heart beating again they sent me here, straight after the surgery as per to my father's instructions." He answered. Before I could ask anything else he got up "I'm Lewis, and I need to live up to my brothers legacy, as for the mafia, your gonna help me with that." He said smiling. 

"Wait how are you up so soon?" I interrupted

"I heal fast, this isn't my first time to get shot.

I nodded and got up with him. We walked back down the hall and into the ballroom. When we walked in we were welcomed with couples clinging to each other and the pianist playing a beautiful romantic melody that compelled him to take me to the middle of the room and bow. 

"Care to dance?" He asked flirtatiously. I nodded and put my arms around his neck as he held my waist softly. We swayed to the music until the clock had chimed midnight. As I was resting my head on his chest, without warning the room went silent and my name was projected loudly from outside 

"WE KNOW YOU ARE HERE, AURORA GET OUT WITH YOUR HANDS UP."

  It was the police.