Your honour

I still couldn't make out who it was until this figure pulled up his card and said 

"your lawyer" he said with a stern emotionless tone of voice. I was slightly confused as i did not have the money to afford a lawyer and he certainly did not look like a public attorney.  The lawyer glanced down at his paperwork as if considering options. He looked up at me and demanded: "tell me everything." 

I nodded and said, "Well, It was me or him, One life for another." 

He looked back down and wrote it down. "Okay, and can you explain that more. " 

"well, at a young age my dad was really abusive and when I ran away I didn't think I would see him again, the guy I killed was a high profile assassin who was after me" I replied. 

He taunted the idea of this being ridiculous and silly. It was obvious he didn't believe a word I said. 

"Mark Branson." I responded in a sharp voice, "I know he is in your records and extremely wanted in the DA, there was even a warrant out to get him, It was him, I killed him before he could kill me."

"The jury won't believe you until there is some proof," He said in a cocky voice as he crossed his arm and leaned back in the wooden chair he was sat on. I leaned forward towards him and in an intimidating voice replied "Well it's your job to find that proof." 

He adjusted his tie and cleared his voice "well okay, our firm will get you our free and also, I convinced the guards to allow visitors, that it if there will be any coming." 

I watched him get up and leave with a guard which was standing outside my cell making sure it was locked securely. I rolled my eyes and fell backward on the sandpaper-like bed. I looked up at the roof and in a deep thought, I fell asleep. 

DAWSONS VIEW

I paced back and forth in my study with 3 lawyers, on the edge of my mind worrying how to get her out. The millisecond I stood still I thought to myself, why am I doing this for the girl who almost got me killed? Why did my heart rate increase or even skip a beat when she was near, or I just ran out of breath or even the mere thought of her a smile would grow on my face. Why did every thought and aspect of my future include her in it? One of the lawyers stopped my train of thought and said: "You can visit her now sir"

Without a reply, I ran to the car and drove swiftly to the police station. Once I reached there I parked carelessly and ran into the station and down to the reception

"Hey I'm here to see Aurora, she was taken in last week," I said desperately. 

The policeman looked up at me and then back down: "put belongings in here and sign in, then go down there to the left and tell the security I sent you." 

"Why isn't she in the right with everyone else," I asked.

"None of your business boy" He replied rudely. 

I walked to the left side of the room where the guards let me in. I step from the shadows, stealing my breath and the heat from my skin. Suddenly my defenses are just paper, a paper that is being soaked by the rapidly falling briny drops. Before I can draw in the air my body needs I have melted into her form. I can feel her torso and the heart that beats within. my hands are folded around her back, drawing her in closer. I can feel my body shake, I really missed her, more than I wanted to admit. I pull her head back up and wipes the tears with a calloused finger, even this roughness brings more relief than my heart can hold. I ran my hand through her hair as if I can't quite believe she's not part of an almost forgotten dream. When I decided to kiss her it was sweet, gentle, and it tastes of her tears. I want to speak but all I can do is croak, "Don't go, not again."

She was weak and clearly so tired, the vibrant colors that illuminated her beautiful face had now been replaced with sunken tireless eyes and an emotionless smile. It broke me seeing her like this but there was nothing I could do. 

 Before we could engage in any other convo the guard came in and he sure was mad.