Old Faces, New Problems

*That's Vincent.

*************************

A guy maybe a little bit older than me stood only a few feet from us. His jet black hair combed back and piercing intense unnatural blue eyes staring at us in pure amusement,his jawline was sharp and just the sight of it gave me a paper cut. His soft full lips turned upwards into a sadistic smirk.

"What have we got here Luca,a midnight snack for me. Shouldn't have?" He said in a thick Spanish accent.

Luca growled lowly not enough for me to for him to hear but I certainly did.

"Back.Off." He warned.

Vincent took a few steps closer."You and that twin of yours thought you could get rid of me that easily." He shook his had a devilish smile crossed his lips.

"One could only hope." Luca hissed.

He cocked his head to the side and chuckled."Well unfortunately for you and--the girl I'm not dead. I'm stronger than ever."

His blue eyes turned to an almost pure black eye but he really was a deep red. Veins also appeared under his eyes and a pair of fangs in his mouth.

Luca's eyes changed from a blueish-green to blood red.

"When I tell you to run." He said.

Vincent snarled and blurred over to us but, Luca was faster he grabbed him by his shirt and throw him into a stop sign.

"NOW! GO!" Luca barked.

Adeline ran as fast as she could but still hearing the snarling and hissing and sounds of public property being demolished.

She ran all the way to Spencer's not stopping and ran right up the stairs and into the house. Only now had the change to catch her breath.

She threw the spare keys on the table by the door and fished out her phone.

She scrolled through it till she found Dante's number. After the third ring he answer.

"He--

"I need your help. there's some vampire named Vincent and he's attacking Luca on the Renee Ave."

The line went silent for a few moments with the sounds of shuffling.

"I'm on my way stay some place safe." He mumbled into the phone before the call disconnected.

Adeline shoves the phone into her back pocket and paces the house thinking about what to do.

She's no witch and she's definitely no vampire.

She looks around the Spencer's house looking for a weapon until she finds her 'Uncle's' loaded pistols.

She takes that and places it in the waist band of her jeans and before going out the door she spots Spencer's old steel bat.

A smirk creeps onto her face.

**************

Luca sped to the other side of the field and ducked just as a mailbox came flying at his direction.

He sped behind a tree trying to get his injures to heal and to think of a way out of this and fast.

"Don't tell me you've given up so easily. You used to be the fun one." He chuckled darkly.

Luca sped away from the tree just as Vincent poked his head around it. Luca was lucky enough that the cemetery was around the corner. He sped into the graveyard and looking around before heading to a angel statue and hiding behind it.