What Lies Beneath

Adeline walked down the streets of Redwood. The town square was in the mist of being coming the Annual Founder's Day festival which as winter was only around the corner.

It had been a week and she hadn't heard from any of the Martino children. Nor had she put the effort in to see what was going on.

Her dirty blonde hair flew down her back in dramatic beach waves,her make-up was simple. A nude pink lip,a black winged-eye and a small amount of blush on her rosy cheeks.

She trudged past shops. All running a back and forth like worker bees preparing for the Queen's arrival.

She sighed and thought to herself,remembering this time last year. She was walking down these very streets, but she wasn't alone.

Flashback

Adeline's smile beaned it put the shinning sun to shame with how bright it was. She pulled Blake along and her parents not far behind.

"Come one Addy!" Blake whined. She stopped and turned to look at her twin." We've been shopping for hours can't we do something else?"

She gave him a tiny smile."But where would the fun in that be Blakey?"

He playfully scoffed and rolled his eyes at her.

Their Father clasped a hand onto his son's shoulder."Oh come on Son,think of how happy your making your sister."

Celine there Mother who was a older and as most would say. The see where the twins get there looks from.

Celine was a beautiful woman. Her blonde hair perfectly styled in soft curls like housewives of the 1950's and two big blue eyes that were as clear as the Caribbean Sea with a svelte figure and a heart-shaped face .

Adeline and Blake mirrored her in almost every way. Blake's hair was slightly naturally darker due to there Father having darker hair.

But they both had beautiful blue eyes.

"Oh come on Richard. I think that we've cleaned out just about ever store. What if we went to dinner at that new bistro that just opened up. In Old Town?" Celine flashed a glamours smile.

Richard nodded."Sounds like a plan. Kids?"

They nodded.

The Family got into the family car and drove to Old Town. A section of Redwood that was part of the original town structure.

Many building projects were to turn some of the older abandoned shops into near ones like the ones in New Town.

Many Families lived in Old Town, and a lot of small non-fashionable shops were here as well.

Amy's Abby which was a small pub only down the street from the old Library. St. Bates Park was still the eye catcher it use to be. A large stone fountain sat proudly in the center of the park.

Lots of the buildings were made of dark red bricks or even stone like materials.

With fancy french like windows and the small near sidewalks with tall black lamp posts with small pots of roses hanging from small bars on the lights showed the beauty of old town.

Richard parked the car into a parking spot at an angle.

They piled out and walked over to a small building that was housed between a small incense shop and an old-fashion boutique with Clare's in a small wooden sign written in large white cursive letters. The sign setting lazily in the store window.

The bistro had a red neon sign above the door.

La Sardine read beautifully on the sign. French was something Adeline had been obsessed with since she was a little girl.