Chapter Three

In the original otome game, Lux Violet Earle never had a family, she was a princess placed under the care of Duke Rutherford.

Why? Because Queen Cievro Vanessa had murdered her entire family.

The game never explained how or when but it did happen and it was said to be a plot between the king's ambassador and the princess of the Cievro family.

Earle blinked slowly as she stared up at her brother. It was highly possible that he wasn't marrying Vanessa, it might be the oldest - Raymond - that was going to marry her.

A cute smile appeared on her face, "Who is it, brother?" Grey could sense it, something was wrong, the only time she had that expression on her face was when she met him, their first play date.

She seemed to be foreshadowing something, something bad.

He looked at the second prince. A handsome man with silver hair and green eyes like Earle. The royal family members were all beautiful, for that reason he found that he reacted oddly to the princess whenever she was near him. His heart would race and his face would heat up, then he would have butterflies in his stomach.

It most likely was a flu that he needed to check with his father.

"Her name is Vanessa Civero."

Earle paled, it was too early! She couldn't force a happy smile any longer and she hugged her big brother burying her face in his torso.

She didn't want to believe it.

A guard came by and bowed.

"What is it?" Prince Edmond asked the guard.

"The king has summoned his ambassador."

Edmond nodded and carried the little girl above his head. "Be a good girl ok?  When I come back I can take you outside the palace."

He dropped her on the floor and walked away.

Vanessa Civero has planned to take over the kingdom with her brother, but they had kept her alive, and she requested to live with Duke Rutherford because she had fallen in love with his son.

This was her destiny?

She wasn't willing to accept it!

"What's wrong princess Earle?" She turned to her killer and smiled, she was willing to change fate entirely.

"There's something strange about Princess Vanessa."

He frowned, "I've seen her, there's nothing strange about her." He really didn't understand her sudden paranoia. Maybe she was jealous that her brother was being taken away from her?

Most likely.

"Let's go investigate!" She said as she ran off one more time forcing the young boy to run after her.

Next time he would bring his horse.

The king of the Lux Empire stared at his flesh and blood. His second son.

"How was your expedition," he asked in a happy voice, he had traveled al the way to the Nieve Empire to seek out a political marriage, he was curious as to who the lucky lady was.

"Splendid father! I returned with the woman of my dreams!" He sounded so refreshed and happy, he voice alone made his father feel satisfied with the unknown woman already.

"Her name is Civero Vanessa!"

The king froze, the Civero family? His mood flipped and he glared at his son.

"You brought a Civero into my kingdom?" He asked with a menacing voice.

Edmond found himself having the need to explain the situation. "Father, she's not the same."

The king looked at him then he turned away, "you better hope so."

He then clapped his hand and a knight arrived.

"Your majesty." He said bowing, the king's mood wasn't good so naturally, he had no interest in keeping his son.

"Escort the ambassador out." The Knight bowed and lead out a sightly distressed prince.

Earle crept behind the curtains as a young beautiful black-haired woman walked in.

she seemed extremely happy and twirled around her room a few times before collapsing on her bed.

"I don't think we should be here," Grey whispered but Earle shushed him and stared pointedly at the girl.

"I can't believe the love potion worked!"

Bingo.

"Love potion!?"

Grey couldn't believe it, love potions were banned after the third cruel war. How did she get her hands on some!? And more importantly, who did she use it on!?

Can he have some for his princess?

A/N: please comment and vote! Thanks for reading this story!