Chapter Seventeen

The crowned prince was an artist, he was under a gorgeous cherry tree with multiple page boys and servant girls waiting patiently for him, it then occurred to her she hadn't seen Grey since she arrived, he also enjoyed painting sometimes he would ask her to model for him. Ling had continued his career in the navy so it was just the three of them who were left in this Kingdom, a part of her wished she had traveled with him, she had come here determined to find the origin of the love potion but had been nearly scared to death by the witch. It had occurred to her that Vanessa could have gotten the potion from the now dead woman if she was actually a witch and not just a scapegoat. 

"You've arrived." She bowed according to their custom as taught b her maids she had been handed, she felt slightly afraid of offending the prince who didn't seem to pay her much attention, his focus was completely on the painting of someone under the cherry tree. 

He didn't speak to her after that sentence so she was forced to stand with her uncomfortable dainty shoes, she wasn't sure if she was meant to act overbearing or act like one of the kingdom's royal ladies. She wasn't standing long before he stopped painting and turned to her. "What do you think?" He turned his canvas gently to show her a young girl with distinctive white hair prompting her to think it was someone from her family, the girl was clearly a teenager so it wasn't her or anyone she could think of.  

"It's very beautiful, who is she?" 

"A woman I met in my dreams." 

"Your highness! Prince Raymon Lux!" the highest-ranking servant boy announced and the surrounding maids in the area bowed, Earle noted that they hadn't bowed to her and couldn't help but feel slightly disrespected, her older brother walked straight to her and took her hand with a charming smile. 

She shivered, back then when they were younger he also smiled like this before he was crushed under the roof of the building, she remembered vividly screaming and shouting for help with blood on her then tattered dress before the royal guards finally found her using her hands to sort through the rubble to find his body. 

This smile, to her, was a smile that signified death. 

"Excuse me, your highness, I will take my leave now," she said and turned away without giving him a chance to object if she allowed them to treat her like they treated other women in the kingdom wouldn't that make her title as the first daughter of the Lux Royal family a laughing stock? 

Once they were far enough she stopped refusing to face back and look him in the eye, "What happened?" 

Raymond's smile deepened, as expected, she understood him. 

~

"The king is dead! Kneel to receive the decree!" 

Edmond knelt with a smirk tugging at his lips. 

~

Earle felt herself choke on tears, but she harshly forced them back reprimanding herself for crying in such an open area. "What about mother?" 

~

Edmond accepted the throne without batting an eye and he turned to address the crowd waiting in front of the castle courtyards. 

"I loved the King and Queen dearly with the utmost respect! They were my pillar of support! My foundation!" 

~

..."Who will the new Queen be?" 

~

Edmond reached out to hold the hand of the woman next to him, she was gorgeous with delicate eyelashes and lips, he squeezed her hand, Vanessa was his and he felt like the luckiest man in the world. 

~

Earle's anger soared and she clenched her fists shaking in rage, she asked one more question. "Who killed them?" 

He was indeed not wrong, his little sister was too intelligent, he couldn't hide anything from her, what surprised him more was the fact that she could keep her composure, the issue right now was rather delicate. They were in an enemy country and the King had just been assassinated, wasn't this an opportunity to take out their anger on the two ambassadors? If they weren't careful their heads would be cut off. 

She understood, she was terrified so she didn't dare to mourn, now a woman from the Civero family would be their Queen, she had soiled the throne with blood and must be killed. 

"Let's leave this place." She said stiffly and headed towards the direction of Raymond's room, she didn't dare stay so far away from him in this delicate time, if she was the King then she would use this opportunity and find a reason to drag her out and execute her, and considering the witch she saw recently... her sense of urgency was at its peak, they needed to run. 

Princess Violet Earle Lux was proclaimed a witch by the Nieve Kingdom, to be haunted and executed on-site.