Chapter Six

"Wow!!!" a little boy shouted as he watched the ship leave the port, his eyes big and green with a hat that had covered his hair.

"Close your mouth kid or you might accidentally swallow a bug."  A boy a little older than him stood beside him watching the ocean in a white and dark blur sailor outfit like the little boy, all children who wanted to join the navy had to start early as they would forever remain in the system until they retire. This way both their physical and mental growth can be monitored by the navy to make sure they would become perfect soldiers.

"I'm not a kid!" the little boy replied unconsciously without thinking stirring the need to argue back from the older boy.

"You're obviously a kid, you're too short to be anything else!" he groaned in annoyance as he remembered that he shouldn't be arguing with such a child.

"Whatever.." he said pouting slightly making him seem cute, "My name is Earl, what is yours' senior brother?"

The older boy glanced at his junior smiling at his naive expression, "my name is Ling, nice to meet you kid! So tell me, why are you joining the army?"

Earl looked up at the sky smiling sweetly, "I want to explore the world, find out about all this world has to offer! Ya'know?" Her reason was truly too innocent, it would be nice if everyone had the opportunity to be so carefree. "What about you?" She asked Ling with big expectant eyes wanting to see what noble goal he was pursuing.

"Sorry kid, it's nothing as nice as yours, I just want to get strong and become the Bishop!"

Become the Bishop? She remembered vaguely that the Bishop was practically the head of the kingdom, members of the church were highly important because they were the only ones who could use blessings, a power akin to magic in her new world, the Bishop is meant to be the most powerful, not every kingdom had a Bishop. She could roughly count the number of Bishops in the world with her two hands.

"Wait, then why are you in the navy?" The navy didn't at all train children to learn blessings, to do that they had to join the church, every year churches comb through billions of students, those who have an affinity to salvation are recruited, such people are very few, around one person in a hundred. However, the chances of them graduating to be the next bishop was close to zero.

"The recruitment is in three months" his tone sounded dull and detached. "I want to prepare myself physically before trying to enter a church." She looked up at him, that made sense, travel and train to prepare yourself for the worst.

"How do you know if you have an affinity to salvation?" He smiled and looked down on Earl ruffling his hair that was under his large hat.

Earl frowned slightly, the older boy was obviously hiding something but she didn't know what, but for some reason, she believed that he was certain he had an affinity for salvation, but even that didn't mean he could cast blessings, he could be a smith, or an exorcist, not necessarily a blessed.

"If you're confident then I believe in you!" She said pasting a wide smile in her face, if it was really dated for them to meet then more than likely they would cross paths again.

The older boy's heart thumped slightly, he smiled.

Earl suddenly froze, her eyes dilating, Ling Feng, second capture target! An absolute prodigy when it came to exorcisms and blessings! The next Arch Bishop who ended up choosing the heroine as the Arch Queen!

Her heart screeched before coming to a halt, that was terrifying, she was lucky she hadn't laughed at his dreams and had instead encouraged him forming a good impression in his head.

Imagine dying by the hands of such a beast! Wouldn't that just be too pitiful?

"Junior brother are you ok?" He asked in alarm watching the changing expressions of the younger boy who suddenly looked away hiding his face.

"I'm fine, I'm fine." He said in a hazy voice, he wasn't willing to annoy this crazy op character! Not in this life! "Senior brother, do you know our first stop?" She asked back to being cute and sweet.

He raised an eyebrow in suspicion. "First we're stopping at Delmonto to pick up some more recruits before going to where the new princess is from to deliver some gifts from the empire."

An evil smirk appeared on Earl's face, just wait for me, you evil woman! You will completely be irradicated from this world soon!