Chapter Four

Vanessa was drowning in glee. It actually worked! She was lucky enough to find such a man to fall in love with her! She was brought back to the first time she had met him.

She had been on a picnic with the other ladies of the Civero family. She had been alone on one side of the tea party. She had been very timid, she was twelve and he was thirteen. He had been escorted there by the head to meet the ladies and make small talk.

She had been the center of attention, every girl wanted him, unfortunately none of them caught his eye, not even her.

But he caught hers.

Vanessa let out a lovesick sigh into her pillow.

It all made sense to Earle now, what would drive a man to slaughter his family for a woman in this day and age?

She had used a love potion! Now all she had to do was find it as proof, oddly enough this was going to be easy.

"Grey, we have to find that love potion." She whispered to her partner in crime.

Grey looked at her, did she really not know about the ban? "It's not in our kingdom."

"Why do you say that?" Earle asked the young boy.

"It was banned after the third cruel war, it wouldn't be in the Lux Empire, it would be in the Nieve Empire."

Earle closed her eyes to think. How would they get all the way to the Nieve Empire?

"Grey, if you tell anyone where I am going, i will kill you."

Grey was confused, what the heck did she mean?

.

Grey sluggishly opened his eyes the next morning, as the curtain was drawn open letting the burning sunlight in.

"Good morning young master."

Grey yawned as he crawled out of bed, he had been tired of all the sneaking around in the palace and trying to keep up with Earle.

"Has father had breakfast?" He asked sluggishly as he was stripped to get ready for a bath.

"The master did not come home yesterday." Grey frowned, his father always came home to him and his mother. For him to have stayed then something must have happened in the palace.

Was Earle safe?

"Did anything happen in the palace?" He asked slightly weary of the answer they would give him.

"Young master, don't you know? The princess is missing."

Grey felt a pit in his stomach as he recalled what she had told him the day before.

The girl had no sense of self-preservation!

.

Earle sneezed lightly, she rubbed her nose as she dropped the bucket of water she was carrying, was someone talking about her?

"The barrels won't fill themselves boy!" A loud booming voice shouted from aboard the ship.

"Yes, sir!" She responded as she carried on filling the barrels with fresh drinkable water. She was now dressed as a boy but it was still strange to be called a boy.

In both lives, she had been a girl so this was weird.

The buckets she carried where big metal buckets that were was nearly twice as heavy as a wooden bucket.

She had a little trouble carrying it at first but she soon got used to it, she didn't know how a normal boy her age would be able to carry this.

She huffed as she emptied the contents of her buckets over into the last barrel.

Then she sat down as she took in everything. She might have been a bit exaggerated by running away to join the Royal Navy.

But she seriously needed to go and find the love potion before her brother got married or this woman would tear her family to shreds.

She didn't have a choice, well she could have told her oldest brother.

Now she felt stupid so let's leave it as she didn't have a choice.

A/N: comment! Vote! Thank you for reading!