April Fools

Sid had already got most of the village today but there still two people left to get.

"Sid, I forbid you going to do it." The Father warned. "If you do it, you know what the consequences are."

"I make no promises father." Sid replied.

The thing about Sid is that once he makes a joke he won't stop until it really gets out of hand.

Meanwhile at the station
"Keep your eyes peeled sergeant, unfortunately we have to go out today. Just to stop kids from taking there little jokes a bit to far." Inspector Sullivan informed Sergeant Goodfellow.

"If you say so Sir." He replied quite uneasily.

The two of them walked out of the station, Sullivan came up with starting in the centre as that's was were the kids were the most.

Meanwhile Sid was on his way to the middle of Kembleford to try and see who to prank next. He could see many smaller kids knocking on the doors and running away. Sidney thought that joke was a bit to classical and he decided to go a step further by scaring someone. He got near the middle of the town, when he had to duck behind a wall as he could hear Inspector Sullivan talking. Sneakily he peeped over the wall to see who he was with, and it was just Sergeant Goodfellow.

"Now theres an good target." Sid whispered to himself.

He got up to move to an spot where he could scare them.

"Funny I thought there would be kids here." Sullivan said looking around.

"Maybe they saw us coming." Goodfellow replied.

Inspector Sullivan gave a slight nod and decided to walk out of the centre of Kembleford and into the direction of where Sidney was hiding. Goodfellow followed.

"That's it Inspector." Sid whispered. "Just a couple more steps."

Sid then jumped out from where he was hiding, he shouted boo as loud as he could, and had his fingers shaped like claws.

However Sullivan didn't get a fright, but Goodfellow did in the other hand.

"Sidney Carter." Sullivan said, with a bit of bitterness in his voice.

"April Fools." Sid said, before turning around to go off and hide somewhere.

Inspector Sullivan looked at his sergeant and rolled his eyes as he knew he was getting scared by some ridiculous joke.

Sid had got quite a distance away from there and hid again, this time it was going to be something different. Waiting again for them to come, and as soon as they were close Sidney put his plan into action. This time he stuck his foot out to hopefully trip one of them up, this time the inspector had caught his foot.

The Inspector would have face planted into the concrete ground if his sergeant didn't catch him in time. Inspector Sullivan brushed himself and immediately went to think that Sidney was behind this one.

"Carter!" He shouted.

It was no use Sid was already gone.

"Maybe we should just head back, Sir." Goodfellow suggested.

"No yet." The inspector gritted through his teeth. "Not until I catch him."

About 5 or so minutes later.
The joker was running out of ideas, he checked his watch to see there was only 15 mins left of pranking and if you did it after 12:00 it would be bad luck. So Sid had decided to call it a day, just as he was about to head to caravan to avoid Father Brown and Mrs M for the amount if telling off and punishments he was going to get.

Someone had snuck behind him, and held his hands together.

"Guess who." A deep voice said.

Sid tried to fight the stranger but couldn't as he was stronger than him.

"Sidney Carter your under arrest." A familiar voice then said.

"Sullivan." Sid breathed out slowly.

"Why don't we continue this down at the station." He suggested.

He gave him a small push indicating him to walk. Sullivan kept a good grip on the hand cuffs to prevent his man from escaping. Sid knew he went a bit too far this time and actually felt guilty of it, he knew Valentine didn't give a toss about his jokes but he didn't think Sullivan would actually do something about it.

They soon arrived at the station where Sullivan immediately went to take the handcuffs off Sid, who was confused on what it was.

"Now how's that for a joke." Sullivan smirked.

Sid soon realised that the inspector had just him back for teasing him earlier.

"You twister." Sid chuckled.

"Now run along carted before I change my mind." The inspector warned.

Sid did as he was told, walking to the presbytery. He couldn't help but think how inspector Sullivan actually had a sense of humour.

\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|
Request a oneshot if you what I'm more than happy to do it no matter how weird the story line is...and no matter who the characters are...