He is a person, not just a figure

Requested by lucy08novembre2001

Apart from maverickb747 which I'm still doing, was there anyone else who had a request. Because for some reason, I can't see the messages on my chapters, either Wattpad has deleted them or the user has.

But other than that, Enjoy.
*************************************

For once Monty was actually going to be home this weekend. Lady Felicia wasn't that all excited at first, but then she was. It had been a while since they had actually spent any quality time together. This weekend she hoped, wasn't just golf or a catching up with the old lads, where she had to awkwardly tag along, because believe me that was the last thing she wanted to do.

Lady Felicia woke up from her sleep, to find the bed empty. Flambeau must of left early in the morning. Probably to his safe house in London. Felicia found herself a small folded piece of paper, under her pillow. Which was a small thank you letter as well as his signature handkerchief. Although there was another note to, but not under her pillow but on Monty's pillow. This time it didn't have an handkerchief to tell her who it was from, or a signature, but the hand writing was a big clue.

"Strange for Monty to write letters," Felicia said to herself. "He's always getting the servants to type them up."

Lady Felicia read the note, the first time not making sense, so she read it again. Until it hit her, it was a scavenger hunt. Much like the one at the masked garden party, where Father Brown had 'cheated' (in a way) to find the treasure at the very end. Although the LadyShip was on her own this time.

***

After a quick change of clothes, and sorting her hair out. Felicia read the note again, and began to think of what he meant.

"If the bell chimes one and there is no answer,
If the bell chimes two and there is no answer,
If the bell chimes three and there is still no answer,
Either the bells don't work, or they're asleep on the job." Read the first note.

"Well neither Monty and I answer door bell, just telephones...unless." Lady Felicia looked to the left of the bedroom door to find a button. "The servant's basement."

Felicia left the bedroom, taking the note with her to go down to the bottom floor of the house. Forgetting it could be rather chilly down there, hence why the best wines where kept there for storage. Although with other drinks, but they were in the ice house outside in the garden. Her Lady ship, found the string of the bells and followed it along the corridor till she found the six bells. Each having a different chime, and there was the next note.

"Admittedly this is quite fun." Felicia said, eager to read the next one.

"As this new feature is quite new, till now I often wondering the reason why it is here. Is it so that we can relive childhood? Or to hide such secrets away?" Read the next note.

"New feature...a new feature that I have done, and Monty has just discovered quite recently." She recited.

This cold temperatures certainly wasn't helping with her Lady ships thoughts, so she headed back up to the main floor and into the grand entrance to the back garden. Looking around the garden she couldn't quite thing of something new. Most of it seemed quite the same, the summer flowers, the statures and the water fountain. Although there was something that was beginning to grow back again.

"Well it's not really recent, but I suppose it is to him."

Walking over to the welcoming of the two hedge entrance of the many dead ends and corners you could imagine. The a-maze-ing maze, it was only last summer that Sid had begged her to make one in her garden. Constantly telling her she could afford it, and gave the room as well. Lady Felicia eventually gave in, and let him happen. Also giving Sid the job of designing it.

"And I suppose one can cheat, but just this one."

Instead of going right, which lead to the rather long way round and round the maze. There was was the shortcut of left, which was meant to be used to exit this maze quite easily, after going to the middle of course. In the middle of the maze was a few great big tree stumps, four next to it each other making a (sort of) square shape, then another one on top in the middle of the four. (Safety secure as well). The note was on the stump, with a small stone to make sure it wouldn't go with the wind.

"Third note, and I'm quite good at this." Felicia complimented herself, before reading the next note.

"To the dense part of our lands, lies many branches who have been lost and never to be seen again. This only happened on the rather divine shall we say, day of the old chaps."

"Trust him to make them more difficult now." She then scolded.

Dense meant closely compacted like trees, which made sense since it went on about beaches. Though the lost branches threw Lady Felicia off, what was that supposed to mean? Felicia carried on her search to the woods, that was were the travellers used to stay, when they were in Kembleford. Though not to their part but the other side was.

The forest was cut off from the light, it's branches having such thick and nutritious green leaves. It was just so break taking, the clear oxygen as well. Bets being in a city any day. Walking further into the scenery, Felicia was rather worried about getting her shoes and dress muddy. About to head back, the clues had hit her. Arrows. There were arrows stuck right into the barks of the tree, and one of them had a note.

"Oh branches...Monty means the arrows...that crazy idea of playing archery in the forest." She said quite delighted, and had found the note.

"Back out into the light, but not just the light itself, but to be slightly shaded from it. Though not from stones, or glass, but from a lightweight and thin material." Read the last note.

"Oh I do hope this is the last one." Felicia then said.

Coming out of the forest, she didn't need to think about the last note at all. Monty was right there in the sun with a light orange parasol, he had also planned a little picnic on the grass.

"Ah Felicia, I see you've found the big surprise." Monty smiled.

Lady Felicia replied with a yes, as she went over and sat down on the blanket.

"So? What did you think?" Monty asked.

"It was unusual, coming from you, though it was rather enjoyable." Felicia smiled back.

"Well it's better than going down the pub or golfing. Sometimes you just need change once in a while."

Felicia couldn't believe that are husband was saying this, after all those years of neglect. Looking at other men for comfort and attention, (men other than Flambeau of course.) when her husband did care about her. Even when he kept telling her over and over again on their honeymoon. Felicia hugged Monty, who was surprised but soon hugged her back, pulling her into his lap. Sharing a few passionate kisses, and just enjoying the peace and quiet and not to mention. Each other's company as well.