Meeting Bunty (Again) Pt1

How was I supposed to know that this was happening?

"Bye, have fun now!" I waved.

Toothless waved as well. The Rolls Royce droves up the hill from the church and soon disappeared.

"Why didn't they inform us that this was happening?" I asked Toothless.

"The mail service is slow here." Bunty said, with such poshness.

"Oh sorry then," I sarcastically said.

She walked up the hill.

"Wait where you going?" I called.

"Oh didn't you know? We're supposed to heading to the station." He replied.

Huh? Why in the world didn't Father Brown or even Mrs McCarthy tell us that they were heading down to London with Sid. I would of never came to Kembleford, but would of stayed in my own timeline. Although I had to come down here, Dark was too busy this weekend for me. Toothless suggested we head to the station as well, but for what reason.

"What does the Inspector have to do with this, what keep an eye on me for not killing Bunty or something." I asked.

Toothless shrugged in reply.

"Ah Inspector," I greeted. "What's all this?"

"To be honest I don't really know, but by the looks of it the Padre has set some tasks." He replied.

"For what?" I asked.

"So you would stop being so annoying, to you have to ask many questions?" Bunty sassily commented, rolling her eyes.

'Oh she's got some nerve!'

"Stop the friction between you to, now head to these places and do what it says." Inspector Mallory cut in.

Even he was getting annoyed by our comments about one another.

"Fine." I sighed.

The first place it said to go to was Crow's wood, the woods of witches. The task set there was to list how many possibilities there was to murder someone or to take your own life. I walked off first with Toothless following as well as Bunty.

"Keep an eye on the two, Toothless would be enough but none of us can understand him." Mallory said to his sergeant.

***

We got to the woods, the sooner we got this thing done the sooner I could get away. Toothless nudged me, encouraging me to talk to Bunty.

"So how would you commit murder?" I asked Bunty.

I looked around for answers, looking behind I could see Goodfellow. I waved, knowing the inspector sent him with us.

"Hanging someone?" Bunty replied.

I gave a slight nod. "Hitting someone with a stone, being buried alive, poisoning." I then suggested.

"Clever clogs."

"Nah I just remember the Father Brown murders." I said, Toothless nodded.

"So how else would you do it?"

"Drowning, stabbing, shooting..." I went on whilst counting on my fingers.

"Impressive." Bunty complimented.

"Thanks,"

Toothless gave a small roar saying "keep up the good work." Taking another look around the beautiful surroundings, of sycamore trees, beech trees and scots pine. I couldn't really think of anything else.

"Hey Bunty, do you think that the inspector sent us here, for ideas on how to solve a murder." I whispered, hoping Goodfellow wouldn't hear.

"Could be, could be." She replied. "So what's the deal between you to?"

"Oh...friendship, and I believe Sid has been assuming this nonsense again." I rolled my eyes.

The four of us walked out of the woods and onto the next location, a house. We headed back up to the church, as Bunty got in her car. I climbed aboard on Toothless.

___________________________
I've completely forgot all about this book, so sorry if you were looking for a Father Brown oneshot to read and you've read the other ones.

Sorry, my bad.