Afraid

Anti's POV
Tears prick at my eyes, threatening to brim over at knowing Dark does care. Thoughts race in a huge knotted mess through my head, matching my racing heart. Unable to identify if it was a good or bad thing that my heart was racing. But I am able to accept Darks command and no longer try to speak- talking hurt to do at this moment, so all I could do was hug Dark back around his waist.
Silence fell between us as Dark held me close. I think he's afraid if he lets go he'd watch me fall apart all over again. Witnessing me do that must of been as painful as it was to do. Dark sways a little, as if dancing together. Dark leans his head over my shoulder as I lay my head against Darks muscular chest, my ear pressed against the area of Darks heart, hearing the beating of his heart, somewhat soothing all my worries, sweeping them all away. I shuts his eyes, the tears falling with a smile spreading across my face, loving this moment, not wanting it to end. I felt Dark pull me closer after a tear dropped onto his shirt and soaked in. My breathing became shaky in and out, causing my body to shutter. He begins rubbing soothing circles, whispering sweet words in my ear. But Dark pushes me off him, looking me straight in the eyes before bringing our faces closer together. I feel awkward, not knowing what to do. A mischievous smile creeps its way onto my face as I raise my hand  and boops Dark on the nose with my index finger. Holding in a laugh.  Dark smiles then laughs after trying to remain serious. I burst out laughing too.

"What was that?" Dark laughs, still hugging me. I shrug still not speaking. Laughter hurting too, causing me to wince. Dark notices my wince and stops laughing, then says something that makes me freeze, everything in me seemed to stop except my racing heart.
"I love you Anti, I have for years, but I never thought we could be a thing. The stories said we were enemies, that we could never work together because of it." Dark admits, guilt finally breaking through, clearly in his eyes. "I don't hate you Anti, I never have. I just believed the stories that you hated me. I never thought to even ask" Dark chuckled. I laughed a little too, but stopped by my throat feeling the pain of effort. I begin to cough, the pain not allowing me to continue laughing. The coughing repeatedly, one after the other. Each round becoming more painful. I hit my chest, thinking I'm choking. But it doesn't help. Dark lets go of me and rushes to the hospital bedside table and poured some water, giving it to me. I gulp it down like a dehydrated rat. I wipe my mouth, wiping away the stray water that had missed my mouth. The rasping cough gone.
"You want anymore water? Or shall we go on a killing spree again. You know? Like when we unburied grave yards?" Dark flashed a mischievous smirk. Locking eyes with me. A blood lust evident within Darks eyes. I gaze away from him, to the side away from Dark, considering his words. Im still in a lot of pain right now, unsure if I'd even be able to go on a killing spree, even if I could activate the blood lust within me. I don't think I'm even strong enough to walk. I try walk the short difference between Dark and I, in an effort to see if I could walk. Stumbling and staggering like a drunk instead. Tripping and falling, Dark luckily caught me before I had an emotional friendship with the ground. Dark stands me back up, looking me in the eyes again.

"I can't-" my voice was weak as I tried to speak. But was stopped to find Darks hand over my mouth again. A pained upset on Darks face.

Darks POV
I place my hand over his mouth again as he attempts to speak. His eyes give off an upset, knowing he'd done wrong- that I'd told him not to speak and he disobeyed. But I'm not mad at him, I'm more upset at hearing his weak, raspy voice.
I wrap an arm around his back so he didn't try walk again. Removing my hand from over his mouth. Placing it around his waist with the other arm. I shake my head in a no, knowing he can't.
"I know you can't Anti, I can see that" I say in a low, deep voice. Feeling him shiver in my arms. Then his eyes go wide and cheeks light up pink. I pout, confused at what he's blushing about. Then it hit me. "Do you like my deep voice Anti?" I tease as I speak in the same low, deep voice. He gazes away from me as his blush deepens, embarrassed.
"Hey, hey I didn't mean it meanly, I think its... Cute" I admit. Placing three fingers under his chin, gently pulling his head and gaze back to me.

Narrators POV
Dark leans in, his eyes slowly closing his eyes as he tilts his head enough to get his lips onto Anti's. Anti feels his cheeks heat up more, unable to be patient at knowing what was happening. Anti shuts his eyes and closes the gap, meeting with Darks warm lips. Dark pulls Anti's waist closer to him. Anti sliding his arms up Darks chest, to his shoulders then to behind his neck. Their lips in sync, deepening the kiss by the second. They both pull back for air, panting and sucking in air with smiles on their faces. Leaning their foreheads together.
"I love you Anti" Dark says between breaths. Anti smiles wider and forms a heart with his hands over his chest where his heart is. Moving the heart shaped hands onto Darks chest, over his heart. Anti smiles with a laugh.
"Anti, you can't give me your heart, you need that." Dark jokes. Anti give him a glare before giggling. Then grabbing Darks hand, playing with his fingers, forming half a heart with them. Then Anti does the same with his own. Now forming half a heart each- Anti moves his half and joins onto Darks. Forming a full heart. They both look at their hands. Dark pushing on Antis finger tips, making him dis form the heart, sliding his fingers between Anti's. Holding his hand. They look into each others eyes, a loving smile creeping onto each others faces.