three

"I'm telling you Cece, it'll be massive." George said, causing his sister to roll her eyes with a smile as the Weasley triplets walked down the corridor, Clary throwing one arm around his shoulders and the other around Fred's.

"I think it would be bloody amazing," she assured them. "running a joke shop and all. But where are you two going to get the money to open a shop right on Diagon Alley? Those buildings have to cost a fortune."

"That's what we've still got to work out." Fred said. "But we've been saving some money, so we've been considering gambling with it. You know, see if we can double what we have. If we get lucky there, we can have the shop right away when we finish school."

"Gambling?" Clary asked, raising her eyebrows and looking at both of them with an accusatory glare. "Now I know you both have lost it. Do that and all you've saved will be gone in minutes. You'll both be back to square one."

"Well, it's the best plan we've got." George said. "And just remember, you could come help us run it. It doesn't take a genius to figure out you're the smartest of the three of us. Someone's gotta keep an eye on things to make sure they're running smoothly."

"That'd be great," she told them honestly, "but it's just... you know, the future and all. Why do we need to think so hard on it right now?"

"Well, it's O.W.L.S year." George reminded her. "The year we've gotta figure out where it is we want to go. What classes we want to take for the rest of our time here."

"Blimey, who the hell are you?" Clary asked her brother, cracking a smile. "Are you sure George is in there? The brother I know doesn't care much for such matters."

"Yes, Cece, I'm here," he said, grinning. "but I know you do care."

"About school, yes," she agreed, nodding. "but the future, not so much. Why should I take it seriously? If Sirius Black is about to march into this castle and kill us all, then what's the point?"

"Well, well, well..." Fred blurted, gesturing around the corner, and Clary turned, seeing Cedric leaning against the wall talking to Cho Chang. A smile was written across both their faces, and a bit of a blush stained her cheeks. "Jealous now, C?"

Clarissa sighed, rolling her eyes. "Where's that parchment at?"

"In George's bag," Fred said as George rummaged through his messenger bag, pulling out a crumpled piece of parchment.

"It's right here," George said, smoothing out the paper before furrowing his brows and re-crumpling it. "Wrong parchment, my bad." he said, tossing it back into his bag and pulling out another one.

"Merlin's beard, how much rubbish do you have in there?" Clary asked, glancing back up every few moments to where Cedric and Cho still stood.

"Alright, alright," he said, looking over what appeared to be the fourth piece of parchment he pulled from his bag. "I've found it. Try this one."

George handed Clary the piece of parchment and she quickly looked it over. It was the simple coloring charm, Colovaria, but with a simple twist. In order to make the spell more specific, it had been altered, so the incantation itself was Colovhairia.

"Alright Cece, just say the incantation and envision the color you want it changed to." Fred said. "Got it?"

"Got it," she said, handing him back the parchment and pulling out her wand. "but tell me, boys. Have either of you actually tested this?"

"Only once," Fred said. "back at home on the cat."

"You did what?" Clary nearly shrieked.

"Well clearly it didn't go badly!" he exclaimed defensively. "We got him back to normal right away. See, you didn't even know!"

"You two are ridiculous," she muttered under her breath before raising her wand and aiming it in Cedric's direction, her focus shifting to the incantation. "Colovhairia,"

It was subtle at first, but eventually Cedric's dark brown locks grew towards a midnight-blueish hue. Cedric continued talking animatedly, not noticing the difference, but Cho's eyes went wide as she noticed, her jaw dropping as her hands covered her mouth. Cedric stopped in what appeared to be mid-sentence, his brows furrowing as Cho pointed up at his head with a shriek.

"What?" Cedric exclaimed. "What's the matter?"

"Your hair!" she shrieked as everyone around him burst into laughter, their eyes falling on the dark blue tint.

"What's going on?" Vasantha asked as her and Newt walked by, Newt's eyes widening as he took notice and began to laugh.

"Whoa, mate!" Newt yelled, running up to his friend. "That's bloody wicked!"

Cedric looked around frantically for a mirror before running towards the nearest window, catching a small glimpse of his reflection in the glass, but it was enough to see the damage they had inflicted on him. Clary watched the boy's eyes widen as his hands reached up, tangling in his hair and tugging lightly before rubbing to see if he could get any of the color to come off as the laughs intensified.

"She bloody did it," Fred said with a proud smile.

"That's our girl," George added.

"So it worked, then?" Vas asked with a smile.

Clary nodded with a smile, looking up as Cedric looked back over towards the gathered crowd, his eyes landing on the redheaded girl before looking over at Fred and George on either side of her. A look of understanding washed over his face as he stalked over toward the triplets, nearly fuming.

"I should've known," he said, his face turning red. "should've bloody known it was you three."

"I think it's some of our best work," Clary mused with a shrug, studying the boy's midnight blue locks. "you look amazing, Ced."

"Well, now you can do some of your best work in detention." he said. "George, you'll be helping Professor McGonagall on Thursday night. Fred, the same with Professor Flitwick. As for Clarissa, a night with Professor Sprout in the greenhouses will do. Now, for Merlin's sake, please change my hair back."

Clary sighed, pulling her wand out and aiming it at him once more. "Way to ruin all the fun, Diggory. Colovhairia."

"Thank you," he said before turning and storming off without another word, Newt following in his wake.

"Worth it," Fred said, turning and raising his arm for a high-five, which Clary quickly returned with a smile.