five

"Why does Jupiter have so many moons, but we only have one?" Vasantha asked exasperatedly, flipping through her Astronomy book. "I mean really, who needs fifty-three moons on one planet?"

"Well, you don't have to write about all fifty-three," Clary reminded her. "We only need to write about Europa, Ganymede and Callisto."

"But why are there so many?" she asked again. "Honestly, though. It's a bit excessive, if you ask me. Like, just pick one or two and let the other planets have a go at the others."

Clary smirked, shaking her head and continuing to write her essay on the three Galilean moons orbiting Jupiter as a pile of books slammed down next to her, and she slowly looked up to see Cedric sitting next to her with a cheeky grin written on his face while Newt sat down on the other side of his sister.

"Ladies," Cedric said with a smile. "how are we doing on this fine afternoon?"

"Just ready for Saturday," Clary said, referring to the upcoming Quidditch match between Hufflepuff and Slytherin as she turned back to her essay, scratching words down on the piece of parchment.

"Excited to watch us kick some Slytherin ass before we kick yours in a couple months?" Newt asked, and Clary looked up to see a grin spread across his face as he eagerly looked back and forth between the two girls.

"You wish," Vas said, not looking up from her Astronomy book. "when the time comes, Hufflepuff's going to be ripped apart. But in the mean time, either of you could probably tell me why Jupiter has so many damn moons."

"It is a real concern," Newt agreed, and Clary rolled her eyes. "I mean, do they need fifty-three? We only have one, and we seem to be doing just fine."

"No doubting you two are twins," Clary joked, packing her stuff into her bag. "and I hate to cut this short, but I need to go. I promised Fred and George I'd meet them down by the Black Lake."

"Hatching your next plot against me?" Cedric asked, cocking his head to the side with a grin.

"Guess you'll have to wait and see," Clary shot back with a wink, hoisting her bag over her shoulder and standing up, bidding the group goodbye and heading out of the castle towards where Fred and George sat in the grass waiting.

"There she is," Fred announced as soon as he caught sight of his sister, waving her over to join them, "running late as usual, I see."

"Lost track of time doing homework," she explained simply, taking a seat and watching the boys expectantly. "so what are we talking about, here?"

"I think she lost track of time doing other things," George said to Fred, nudging him with a giggle. "Off with Pretty Boy Diggory, were you, Cece?" he teased with a knowing grin.

"Oh hush up," she said, shoving George playfully.

"See?" George asked then, eyebrows raised. "She was off with him."

"And Newt and Vasantha," she pointed out, debunking the boy's theory. "and besides, Cedric had just gotten back from hanging out with Cho."

"Well, I've gotta hand it to the bloke." Fred said, looking impressed. "Two girls in one day. Is there anything Mr. Cedric Diggory can't do?"

"Oh, you two are so annoying," Clary said, rolling her eyes. "For the last time, there is nothing going on between me and Cedric. We were working on homework."

"But you want there to be," George pointed out.

"Can we move past this?" she asked exasperatedly, her patience beginning to wear thin. "What's our order of business here? What was so important for you two to rip me away from my essay?"

"We think we've got our first product for the joke shop." Fred announced proudly.

"Well, get on with it, what is it?" she asked, eyebrows raised.

"It's a love potion," they said in unison, causing her eyebrows to furrow slightly in confusion.

Not that a love potion was bad, she was just expecting a bit... more?

"And that's a prank?" she asked. "Seems more like a cocktail to me."

"Cece, it's genius!" George assured her. "And ladies everywhere will be lining up to buy one for themselves or to slip it into the drink of the nearest bloke they fancy, especially come Valentine's Day. Just picture it."

"Sounds like an interesting gimmick, go on," she said reluctantly, crossing her arms across her chest. "and an interesting market to cater pranking materials towards girls, I'll admit."

"Our only issue is that we need a tester when we're finished with it." Fred said. "So that way we know it works."

"Which is where our lovely sister comes in..." George finished for him, their eyes both falling expectantly on their sister.

"Oh, no," she protested, shaking her head. "no, no, no, no, no. I am not testing your potions for you."

"Clarissa," George pleaded, using her full name in an effort to get her to go along with their idea. "when have we ever done you wrong?"

"Well, there was that time when we were in our second year and you burned half my hair off in an attempt to give me a haircut using magic." Clary pointed out with a skeptical smile.

"Hey, it looked beautiful when it was only down to your shoulders." Fred assured her as she instinctively reached up to make sure her hair was still intact, though much to her relief, it was.

"Do I have to do this?" she whined softly, jutting out her lower lip in a pout.

"Yes," the boys said in unison, jutting their lower lips out in return and nodding.

Clary sighed. "Fine. But when we get to Honeydukes next weekend you're each buying me a Sugar Quill."

"Deal," they said, reaching over and each taking one of her hands to shake. "Now let's get to work."