Sober

Sibley had never really gotten along with kids her age. She was different, smarter, unique. That being said, it was no surprise the other adolescents she went to school with didn't like her. In the weeks she began going there, they had taken to bullying. Freak was a popular name she was used to being called and it didn't hurt, it was just annoying at this point. Couldn't they at least think of something clever?  

In any case, she dealt with it, she didn't care. There was a group of specific boys, year 12s, who were always on her case. Getting close, flirting while also insulting. It was clear she was just a joke to them. Something to be used. She spent many days trying to shove her way through them as they would try and touch her and tease her. God, she hated Highschool.

She opened up her locker, trying to quickly put away her things and grab what she needed for home when someone came up behind her as she slammed it shut. She turned to see him right up in her space. Charlie Travis.

"Hey, bitch," he smirked.

"W-w-what do you w-want?" she stuttered, trying to shrink back into her locker.

"I wanted to see what it's like to be with a freak. I'm sure you have some interesting moves," he said, moving his hand up her bare arm. She tried to move away from him but now his friends were all there too.

"L-leave me alone," she said. She was now surrounded by guys, nowhere to move.

"Come on, baby, don't be like that," another guy grabbed at her breasts. She swatted him away. She didn't like it. She didn't like being touched like that by them.

"P-please, I n-need to go home," she begged.

"You can go home with me," another guy grabbed and pulled a lock of her hair. They all laughed allowed her to push her way through, hot tears pouring down her cheeks as she ran across the school yard and quickly hailed a cab.

She ran into St. Barts down to the morgue where Molly was working alone. She looked up upon hearing the teenager enter and frowned when she saw her. Sibley's clothes and hair were awry from the struggle and she was still shaking and crying. Molly stood instantly and ran over to envelop her in a hug. She comforted her and allowed her to calm down before she explained everything.

"You need to tell your dad, Sibley. It needs to stop." Molly insisted when she was done talking.

"N-no, he doesn't c-c-care, it's fine, I -I can handle it." she said. Molly frowned, but Sibley was stubborn and she knew there was no point in trying to argue with her, still Molly was concerned.

"Alright, let's take a cab back to Baker Street," she said. Sibley waved her off and began to compose herself, taking the image of a group of boys pushing her around and shoving it into a closet in her mind.

"I'm fine. I can take a cab on my own. Thank you." her voice was formal and lacked emotion. Once again, Molly was reminded of Sherlock and wondered why she didn't see the resemblance sooner. She watched as Sibley grabbed her bag and turned, walking out of the morgue.

~~~

"You sure you're okay? You've been acting weird lately." Amber said as they stood in the shelves of books at the book store. Now that she didn't have to pay bills and such, the money from her job at the station went towards things she actually wanted.

"I'm fine, it's just the kids at school. They've been getting on my nerves," she said. Amber frowned.

"I'm sorry, I wish I could do something," she said. Sibley just shook her head.

"Don't worry about it. I can handle myself." she replied, "Besides, they're right,"

"About what?" she asked, furrowing her eyebrows.