She Silently Prayed

Sherlock didn't enjoy going to his brother for help. The man was arrogant and pompous and Sherlock didn't need the berating, but he really needed his help. So he, in a rare instance, swallowed his pride and called Mycroft. After some convincing the elder Holmes brother finally agreed to help Sherlock corner her, but that was the extent of his help. He was serious when he said this was all on Sherlock.

He had become more determined with each picture that surfaced on his computer. Pictures of her and Amber laughing at a nail salon. Amber, Moriarty, and Sibley at dinner clearly enjoying themselves. Then there was the one of her and Moriarty in a mall, his arms wrapped around her as if he actually cared. At first he had though her stupid, but then he realized had he not been so stupid himself, Sibley wouldn't have had to seek comfort in a psychopath.

He walked into the coffee shop, mind solely focused on his daughter who was laughing across from Amber, warm cup cradled in her hands. He smiled some. He hadn't seen her in a month and a half, but she looked happy. As he got closer, though, he noticed the bruises. On her jaw, her bare shoulder, and her collar bone. She didn't seem to mind them though, seemingly still the bright young girl despite Moriarty and whatever he had done. Surely she wasn't okay with it.

She looked up and her eyes fell on him. Her expression turned stormy but she didn't get up. Didn't look away. Didn't shake in fear. She just raised an eyebrow, an unsaid question between them. Why was he here? Couldn't he just leave her alone? He walked forward and Amber turned, glaring him down.

"What?" Sibley asked, tone ice cold and unrelenting.

"I need to talk to you... Alone." he said. The girls shared a look and Sibley nodded. Amber sighed and stood up, making her way to the counter to chat with a barista she knew. Sherlock took the now empty seat across from his child.

"Why are you here?" she asked him.

"Come home." he said. She scoffed and rolled her eyes, leaning back in her chair.

"Why should I? Why do you even care? It's not like you wanted me there anyways. You should be happy." she snapped. He sighed and she tried to cover up her shock as his exhaustion became clear on his face.

"I messed up, Sibley. I'm sorry. I just... I don't do emotions or sentiment so you scare me. You scare me, Sibley, because I care for you. Because I know that if anything happened to you, I would be destroyed. Because of that, I pushed you away and I'm sorry. Just please come home." he begged. She blinked, eyes beginning to water.

"I have a home now. People who actually care about me. Who aren't afraid of being a bit emotional. I don't need you." she did a good job at hiding her sorrow, but Sherlock still caught it. Before he could reply, Amber rushed over.

"Come on Sibley, my dad wants us back," she said. Sibley nodded and just looked at Sherlock before grabbing her bag and following her friend out the door.

~~~

It was late, insanely late, but Sibley's sleeping patterns had been becoming worse by the day. Nights were plagued with nightmares and doubts and she found that sleep was hard to find in those situations. She finished making herself a mug of tea and moved to carry it into her room so she could cocoon herself in blankets and read until the early hours of the morning, but voices stopped her. No one was ever up at this time, her nightly habits had become routine and this was new. She hovered by the door to Moriarty's office.

"How much longer are you going to let her live?" Sebastian's voice carried through the door.

"Not long now, the game is coming to an end," Moriarty replied.