Two Puddles of Blood

Sibley grabbed a payphone as soon as they were out of the airport. She typed in the series of numbers she memorized just in case and listened to it ring.

"Hello?" came the frustrated, tired, voice of John Watson. Sibley smiled in relief at the voice and amusement at the fact Sherlock had obviously made John answer the phone.

"John? Can you please put Dad on the phone?" she asked.

"Sibley?!" John asked. Before she could reply John made a disgruntled noise and there was rustling.

"Sibley?" Sherlock's voice was urgent.

"Yeah, Dad, hey," she smiled.

"Sibley, where are you?" he asked.

"London City Airport, but i'll take a cab to you. I have some cash," she said.

"Don't you dare. We're on our way," before she could object, the line went dead. She had no doubt he was rushing out the door that very moment. She exited the booth to see a worried looking Amber.

"What?" she asked.

"Do you trust me?" she asked. Sibley sighed.

"You never thought he was going to hurt me? Never planned on anything?" she asked. Amber nodded.

"And it wasn't a lie, you and me? You- you actually cared?" Sibley asked. Again, Amber nodded. Sibley searched the girls features. She was good at picking up liars when she actually paid attention. Amber seemed honest. Besides, it felt real. Everything between them... It was cheesy, but there was no way that feeling between them was fabricated for some plot. No, that was real.

"Yeah. I do." she finally answered. Amber sighed and nodded.

"Your dad... What's he gonna do?" Sibley asked. Amber's eyes filled with terror.

"Oh my God, Sibley. He's- he's gonna kill me," she pressed her hand to her mouth and began to shake with fear.

"No, Amber, you can stay with us, don't worry," Sibley insisted.

"Nothing can stop him," she said.

"Amber." Sibley ordered. Amber looked up at her.

"We'll be fine. No matter what. It's you and me." she insisted. Amber nodded and took in a breath.

"You and me."

They waited a little longer before a blue and red lights appeared along with a loud siren. The back door to the car opened and slammed and Sherlock ran towards them, John and Lestrade right behind them. He pulled Sibley out of the wheelchair and into his arms before she could protest. He put her down after a moment and then turned to Amber, eyeing her up and down.

"You helped her escape?" he asked. She nodded.

"Your dad isn't going to be happy," he said. She shook her head.

"She's coming with us," Sibley said. Sherlock just nodded. Paramedics from the ambulance came over and lifted Sibley onto a gurney, much to her annoyance, and dragged her to the large vehicle.

"You can't protect me, Mr. Holmes," Amber said. He looked down at her.

"I can and I will." he said.

"Why do you care?" she asked.

"Because if I didn't my daughter would kill me." he said. She smirked and they watched as Sibley was patched up in the ambulance.

~~~

"I can't believe he had the time to do all of this while he also had me tied up all the way in the states!" Sibley exclaimed, watching the news from a week before where Moriarty sat covered in jewels with a crown on his head.