With Us Now

Sibley woke up in a soft bed, softer than anything she had ever been in before, wrapped in silk sheets. She was only disoriented for a second before realization washed over her in waves. She was in Jim Moriarty's house. She had agreed to stay and train with Jim Moriarty and his gooney's just to spite her father and get some strength. It wasn't the worst thing she could have done, she reasoned. She could have gone and killed a bunch of people or something to get her father's attention. No one would be too surprised as everyone naturally expected Sherlock Holmes' daughter to be crazy like him. She supposed she was pretty close to the whole serial killer thing though. She was in ones house.

She shook the thoughts away. No, she wasn't Jim Moriarty's accomplice or anything. He was just offering her a chance to prove herself. There was nothing wrong with taking it. She imagines under certain circumstances, Sherlock would do the same. He didn't seem like one to pass up any opportunity and neither would she.

She untangled herself from the sheets and slowly walked out of the room she had been given. She moved to Amber's room and peaked in. Of course Amber was still dead asleep, far from an early bird. Sibley closed the door softly behind her and tip toed over, climbing in next to her. Amber stirred, she liked to sleep in, but that didn't change the fact that she was a light sleeper. Her eyes fluttered open and she smiled upon seeing Sibley.

"Morning," she grumbled, voice groggy from sleep.

"Morning," Sibley whispered back.

"How'd you sleep?" Amber asked her, voice soft in the morning quiet.

"Amazing, that bed was great," Sibley said. Amber chuckled lightly.

"Yeah, my father's nothing if not good at finding the best of everything," she said.

"You got that right. What a house," she grinned. Amber just smiled at her and snuggled up closer to her, taking in Sibley's warmth. The girls layed there together for quite some time before there was a loud knock on the door. Amber rolled her eyes and sat up.

"Come in!" she called.

"Morning girls! Time for breakfast! We have a long day ahead!" Moriarty sang after opening the door.

"It's 7:30, let me sleep in," Amber groaned, pulling the covers over her head. Sibley watched as Moriarty rolled his eyes.

"I will drag you out of the bed and throw you into the pool," he threatened.

"Oh, God, don't be so dramatic, I'm up," she pouted, sitting up. It was quite obvious to Sibley that Amber had at least once been dragged out of bed to then be thrown into a cold swimming pool and she wasn't sure whether to laugh or shudder.

"Good. See you downstairs in five minutes!" he called before closing the door.

"He has so much energy," Sibley admonished.

"I know, it's the worst. Come on, if we don't get downstairs in five minutes he'll be angry," she said, standing and digging through her drawers. She pulled some out and threw them at Sibley and they both got changed before rushing into the kitchen. Well, Sibley thought, day one of... weirdness... has commenced.

~~~

"Come ooonnn, Sibley, I know you can do better!" Moriarty shouted at her from the side of the mats. Her body was glistening from sweat, her hair that was pulled back as best as it could be with it's short length was damp. She was in the training room that was in Moriarty's big ass house and a huge man named Sebastian Moran was training with her. It had been about two weeks since she had arrived at this point and she was already getting better, but damn, this guy fought hard and she was incredibly intimidated by him. Finding out he was Jim Moriarty's right hand man and lead sniper didn't help matters. She also wasn't sure why Jim kept insisting on watching so many of her training sessions. She didn't work for him or do anything for him. At first she didn't understand why he had any interest in her at all. She knew he only had her around because he was trying to get under her fathers skin, but he seemed really invested in her. He was also kind to her, he complimented her as well as gave her constructive criticism and he really seemed to care. He was a better father than Sherlock had been so far. She found herself desperate to please him.