Epilogue

Four and a half years later.

Johnny | Lydia

"This heat is to much," Lydia swiped at her brow as she slid out from under the hood of the classic Chevrolet.

Her co worker nodded in agreement as he continued replacing the cambelt. The mechanics garage at the back of her grandfathers show room had decent air conditioning but the summer sun shone directly through the windows that lined the top of the tall shed windows.

She slipped her overalls down at the top, revealing her tank top as she tied the arms around her waist. Grease and oil was smudged on her face and hands but she'd agreed to go and sit with her mother for lunch in the show room so Spencer would have to deal with the filth.

It had been three years since she graduated high school and went to College in Denver. As she'd promised herself, she focused on bettering herself and finding a passion for something that she could build a career in. It just so happened that by opening her eyes and allowing herself to focus on more than just male companionship, she realised that a love of cars and mechanics had been in front of her the entire time.

She was talented with motors and engine rebuilds and with her time in College she learned so much more. Which lead to working under her father's head mechanic at the show room. She'd joined the family business in her own form and she loved every minute of it.

"Did you wash your hands?" Spencer questioned when Lydia opened the little swing door of the circular reception desk. She continued typing as Lydia sat down and rolled her eyes.

"Yes mother."

The little photo of Vidia which sat on the desk made her smile with fondness. Her little pup had passed in senior year and Lydia missed her all the time. She still hadn't adopted a new furry friend. It turned out that moving on after the loss of her pet was harder than moving on from her past relationship. Which she was well over.

Riley moved to Seattle with his Mother and Father after graduation and she hadn't given him a lot of thought since. Allison of course was still around. While she didn't want to slap her across the face anymore, she didn't repair the friendship. She came to see that her former friend was toxic for more reasons than just the betrayal.

Her friendship with Sadie was still strong. Her best friend was still in college studying law- which to this day baffled Lydia- but she was damn good at it.

Carter was the one person that she didn't keep caught up on. She'd made a strong effort to put a large distance between them and during senior year, they had essentially become strangers to each other. But the electricity that she felt whenever he was in the room, or whenever she caught his gaze across the cafeteria or whenever she brushed past him in the school hall, never dulled. She just had to pretend that it didn't exist. As hard as it was.

He left Archwood for college and she kept his social media's blocked. No matter how much she itched to check up on him. She felt as though she'd be tempted to reach out and she wanted their future to be left to fate. If they were meant to cross paths again, then that's what would happen. If not, Lydia was doing just fine on her own.

"This is madness," Spencer leaned back in her desk chair and sighed, turning in the seat to stare at Lydia with a pout.

"What's madness?" Lydia questioned, biting into her sandwich.