Chapter Seven

"Violet?" Esme asked, I nodded with a warm smile plastered on my face. "Oh my god, Violet." She rushed out from behind the counter and threw her arms around me.

I chuckled, "its good to see you too, Esme." I told her.

"Why are you back? Why did you leave?" She asked me when she pulled away.

"I'm sorry, I knew I would hurt you if I stayed. I wouldn't be able to stand the guilt if I...did anything." I sighed.

She frowned, "how did you get in?" She asked, I grinned.

"Through the window upstairs." She rolled her eyes.

"You always were sneaking into places you shouldn't be." I chuckled as she went back to cleaning the counter.

"How's motherhood going?" I asked with a smirk.

"Good, it's not like their screaming children." She smiled.

"They might as well be." I told her making her scoff but smile soon after at the comment.

"Carlisle told me about your visions. There getting worse, aren't they?" I sighed and looked out the window.

"I don't want to talk about that right now. How are you?" I sat at the stool with my chin in my hand.

"Good, Carlisle and I are married now. We have a beautiful family, you would love it here." She smiled proudly as she talked about the people she loved. I was slightly jealous but I did have Bella and Charlie who I loved dearly.

"I'm happy for you Esme, you deserve it after your near death experience." I said with humor in my voice.

She chuckled, "well I'm definitely dead now, so I wouldn't call it near death."

I agreed with her mentally, we were dead. Our hearts didn't beat, it never skipped a beat when we were scared or in love. I did feel dead inside but I learn to hide it.

"Who are you talking to Esme...?" Someone asked as they walked into the kitchen. I turned around and saw Alice standing in the doorway with confusion written on her face. "Violet? What are you doing here?" She asked, she must not see me in her visions.

"Um..." I trailed off not quite knowing what to say.

"Violet was just waiting for Carlisle. She has a meeting with him." Esme cut in. I don't know why Carlisle would have a meeting with me at his house but Alice seemed to buy it.

"Oh ok, I'll see you later then." She walked away, I turned back to Esme with a raised eyebrow.

"You didn't tell any of them about me?" I asked, I was sort of happy but surprised at the same time.

"It was hard to talk about. And besides, we thought we would never see you again." I nodded in understanding, I stood up from the stool.

"Well I should get going, Bella and Charlie will wonder where I am." I told her, we hugged goodbye.

"Come back soon." She told me while pointing a finger at me.

"Course mamabear." She chuckled and I was on my way. Sneaking out the same window I ran home.

~~~~~