Chapter Sixteen

The wind picked up making my hair blow in the wind, oh no that's not good. I quickly turned around, I crouched in front of Bella and growled with my teeth bared towards the other vampires.

"I see you brought a snack." James said menacingly making me snarl at him. All of the Cullen's immediately surrounded Bella.

"The girls with us. I think it's best if you leave now." Carlisle said calmly. I watched James as he stared at my sister while licking his lips.

"I can see the game is over. We'll go now. James." Laurent said looking over to him. Laurent walked away and James growled then wrapped an arm around Victoria and left. I saw Victoria turn her head to look at me in curiosity and confusion but I payed it no mind.

"Get Bella out of here." I told Edward forcing Bella and Edward over to the car.

"What about you?" Bella asked with concern as Edward picked her up into his arms.

"I'm coming." I said before Edward ran to the car. I turned back to the Cullen's who all had concern written on their faces, mostly. Rose just glared at the ground with her arms crossed.

"We have to get her out of town." I told them, Carlisle nodded and thought for a moment.

"Bring her by the house, we'll figure it out." I nodded and raced after Edwards car which was driving down the road at full speed. I stayed in the trees, racing along side the car.

I frowned when they stopped outside our house, what was Edward doing? I saw Bella get out of the car and slammed the door shut.

"Bella." I called and ran over to her.

"How are you here?" She asked skeptically.

"I got a ride from one of the Cullens. What's going on?" I asked, referring to why she was angry a few moments ago.

"I can't just leave dad with no explanation." She said before stomping up to the front door with Edward trailing behind us. I quickly followed after her and tried to play along even though I didn't know what was going.

"Edward leave me alone!" Bella yelled at him angrily while I stood in the background confused.

"Bella, don't do this, please." Edward said as he stood in the doorway.

"Its over, get out!" Bella yelled and slammed the door in his face. She grabbed my hand and dragged me upstairs with her.

"Bella, Violet, what's going on?" I heard dad ask as he followed behind us.

"We just got to get out of here. We're leaving, now." Bella said as we went into her room. I immediately understood what was happening when I saw Edward packing a suitcase with Bella's clothes in her room. Dad couldn't ask questions or call someone, this was the only way he could be safe.

"Guys?" Dad knocked on the door as it was closed. I helped Bella pack her things while listening to the sadness in his voice.

"What am I gonna say to him? I can't hurt him." Bella said with a sigh.

"Bella, what's going on?" Dad asked again. I sighed and opened the door to go to my room.

"Dad I'm sorry, but...this is the only way." I told him, he frowned as I packed my things as well.

"What do you mean?" I shook my head, not knowing what to say to him. "Did he hurt you?" He asked Bella when she stormed out of her room.

"No." Bella replied with a rushed tone.

"Break up with you or something?" I ran a hand through my hair when he said this and went back to my bag.

"No, I broke up with him." Bella said going back into her room.

"I thought you liked him. And you were good friends with the Cullens." Dad said to me and Bella.

"Yeah, that's why we have to leave. We don't want this, we have to go home." I said trying to hide the pain I was feeling.

"Home? Your mum's not even in Phoenix."

"She'll come home. We'll call her from the road." Bella told him.

"You don't have to drive home right now. You two can sleep on it. If you two still feel like going in the morning, I'll take you too the airport." Dad said, we walked downstairs and I was on the verge of crying if I still could.

"No, Bella's going to drive, it will give us more time to think." I said quickly.

"If I get really tired I'll pull into a motel, I promise." Bella said.

"Look, girls...I know I'm not that much fun to be around, but I can change that, we can do more stuff together." Dad tried, I turned my head to the side, not wanting to see his expression.

"Like what? Like watch baseball on the flat screen? Eat at the diner every night, steak and cobbler? Dad, that's you not us." Bella was pretty good at acting, I could never do this. I knew she was close to crying though.

"Come on. I just got you two back." He said, we stopped at the doorway.

"Yeah, and you know if we don't get out now...we're gonna be stuck here like mum." Bella said with a crack to her voice. We walked to the truck and got in. Bella started it up and drove down the road.

Edward suddenly poked his head into Bella's window, "your father's going to forgive you. Why don't you let me drive." He got in, Bella moving into the middle, I held her hand and she squeezed mine.

"He won't. You should have seen his face, I told him the same thing our mum told him when she was leaving him." Bella said glumly.

"It was the only way he'd let us go." I told her, Edward nodded as he kept his eyes on the road.

"Dont worry about him now. He's safe. The tracker's following us." Edward said. There was a loud bang coming from the back making Bella jump. I looked out the back window and saw Emmett giving me a cheeky smile making me shake my head with a smile.

"Its just Emmett." I said to her, she calmed down slightly after this but we were all still on edge. I looked outside and saw our friends Jess, Ange, Eric, Tyler and Mike smiling and laughing. I sighed and rested my head against the seat. This is going to be a long night.
💙