Chapter Twelve

Everyone sat round the table, waiting for one of us to explain everything. Carlisle sighed when he knew I wasn't going to say anything. "It all started a long time ago, when I was human."

~~~~~

It was a dark, cloudy afternoon when Carlisle was just coming home from checking one of his patient's who had the flu, he knew she wouldn't make it. He sighed and rubbed his eyes as he walked back to his small house that was still relatively bigger then the others.

He suddenly heard a twig snap making him turn to the woods that were right next to the road he was on, "Hello? Who's there?" He asked, no one was around for miles, if it was dangerous no one would be able to help him.

A cloaked figure walked out from behind a tree, red lipstick and pale skin was all you could see on this woman. "Who are you?" Carlisle's voice shook as he watched the figure stand directly in front of him.

The figure cocked her head to one side and he felt her looking at him with a hard stare, he could feel it, "would you feel better knowing who I am, before I kill you?" The woman asked, her voice was that of an angel, it was velvety and Carlisle didn't like it. He shook with fear, he has heard stories about a cloaked figure roaming the forest, feeding on innocent people, they called her the Countess.

The woman walked closer to Carlisle, he couldn't move, he was stuck with fear. "Y-you're going to kill me?" He asked. The woman laughed darkly with a smirk upon her deep red lips. Carlisle wanted to see her eyes, what color were they? were they human?

"I'll make it quick." She whispered in his ear before going for the bite on his neck.

"Wait, wait, wait." Carlisle tried, she stopped an inch away from his neck making him sigh in relief. "I...I could be of service to you."

"What kind of service?" The woman asked with a sneer showing her long, sharp fangs that were definitely not human.

"I c-could help you with injuries." He stuttered, the woman laughed darkly once again.

"I don't get injuries, my dear. I give them." She whispered the last bit as if threatening the man, "but, I could use you." Just as she said this she bit into Carlisle's neck making him howl in pain. She let him go and he crumbled to the ground, she keeled in front of him and smirked, "You can be my henchman."

~~~~~

Once Carlisle had finished all the kids looked shocked and started to ask many questions. I rolled my eyes, I did not want to be talking about this.

"Henchman, your her henchman?" Rosalie asked in disbelief, I resisted the urge to laugh as she said this.

"I was for a number of years, we later became close friends and turned into partners instead." Carlisle explained.

"Sooo, what? Were you with the volturi or something? cause that sounds like some volturi shit." Emmett said, I saw Alice kick him under the table making me chuckle.

"Emmett." Esme warned for the second time today, Emmett raised his hands in surrender and waited for my reply. I looked at Carlisle and Esme, they nodded and I sighed.

"I wasn't part of the volturi." I started and they almost leaned in just to listen, "I created them." Their eyes widened with shock once again but this was more.

"What?!" They said in sync. "I thought you said Aro was the oldest vampire?" Jasper asked for the first time since we sat down.

"Yes, I did. I left Violet out." Carlisle said.

"Why?" Alice asked with a frown of confusion.

"She doesn't like to be talked about much. I thought it would be best and since she never showed her face until these few years, I thought we wouldn't see her again." Carlisle explained, keeping his calm as always.

I placed a hand on his shoulder and he smiled at me. "What about Esme. How did you meet Esme?" Alice asked.

"Has he told you about her and Carlisle meeting?" I asked, they nodded, "well, Carlisle took Esme home after saving her and we waited for her to wake up."

~~~~~

"Carlisle, why did you save her?!" I yelled as he kept ignoring me, he placed the woman with caramel hair on his bed and sighed.

"Because...because it was the right thing to do." He said while looking down at her, I crossed my arms and glared at him.

"Shes your mate, isn't she?" I growled, he sighed once again and looked at me with sadness in his eyes.

"Violet, please stay. I know you don't like having a family but we can figure things out, you stayed with me." He tried to reason with me.

"You were one person, you weren't even that close to family." I raised my voice but stopped when I saw the hurt in his eyes. I groaned and ran my hands down my face, "I'll stay, I'll stay until she has control. Then I'm gone." I then storm out of the room with a huff. I knew this day would come.

~~~~~

"I woke up two days later and Carlisle and Violet were by my side, they both helped me." Esme smiled, I squeezed her hand and grinned.

"Wow." Was all they said. I let it process for a few minutes until they would ask more questions.

"So you left them? Just like that?" Rose asked, I looked down with guilt.

"I did, without even saying goodbye. But I'm back now." They all smiled making me smile as well. I finally have my mates and I also have my brother and sister back.
💙