Chapter 5

It was late at night. Every one was fast asleep. Stacie was awakened by a clap of thunder. She lay in bed, looking at the shadows cast in her darkened bedroom. She was looking at the mirror on her bedroom wall, when suddenly, a flash of lightning iluminated the room.

Stacie was terrified. For a split second, she saw faces staring at her from inside the mirror, their eyes blackened, their mouths hanging open.

Unsettled as always, by yet another weird apparition, Stacie was unable to sleep for the rest of the night. Her mind kept replaying the memory of those disturbing faces staring at her intently.

The next morning, the first thing that Stacie did was to persuade her father to remove the mirrors from her bedroom. He did so but, since the bathroom mirror sat there from the very beginning and he didn't quite feel anything was wrong with it, Stacie's father didn't remove the bathroom mirror.

Few days later:
Stacie had come home from school. She went into the bathroom to take a shower. She was reaching for the towel when she saw something in the bathroom mirror. It was a strange shadow and as soon as Stacie laid eyes on it, it darted out her line of vision. Stacie stared at the mirror for a while, trying to figure out what she had seen. When she began to dry herself, out the corner of her eye she saw another shadow flickering past towards the mirror. She walked towards the mirror, put her hand against the glass and began rubbing it.
Stacie opened the shower and let warm water flow out to create a warmer environment around her.
After that, she came out of the shower and started drying herself with a towel once again. She happened to look at the bathroom mirror again. This time, the steam from the shower fogged up the mirror and revealed a message written in the moisture.
It read: "Please return the mirrors. We miss watching you sleep at night."

+++

"Dad please remove the bathroom mirror for heaven's sake!!!" Said Stacie.
"Stacie. I don't want to talk about you and your pathetic fears. Leave me alone. Go to your room and don't show me your face. I won't remove the bathroom mirror! Now go!" Said her father.
"But daddy...."
"Stacie sweetie. We are taking you to a psychiatrist today." Said Stacie's mother.
"But mom, I am not a psycho. Mommy please trust me. My fear is very real. Please mommy."
"Go and get ready, sweetheart."