Chapter 14

Few hours past midnight was the time when all the paranormal activities occurred and when that girl in the mirror would make her bold appearances.

I hear a loud growl. Almost like a hissing sound. I realized it came from the kitchen. I rush downstairs.

I reach the kitchen. The lights were off. On turning them on and looking down l see a grey cat with long hair stuck together from the blood dripping from it's half cut off head. Isn't it the same one that was hanging above the sink in my nightmare? Yes! It is the one that was killed brutally.. In my dream.
I see it's right ear swaying, which was only holding on by one little piece of skin.

The blood is dripping slowly down onto the cold concrete floor making a splashing sound each time it hits the floor, it's eyes are deep dark red, one of the eye balls is hanging out just a little and a piece of bone sticks out from inside going through the eyeball. Yuck.
It's meows are quiet yet sounds like scratching on a black board, it sounds like it is being tortured, like it wants to put out of it's misery, it's tiny paws have been mangled and have bits of fur and skin missing, some bones are showing.
Poor cat. I wish I could help pull it out from it's misery and stop it from making these agonizing growling and hissing sounds.

It's claws have been plucked out slowly and painfully, blood drips from some of them. The smell is the worst of all, it smells like a garbage dump mixed with the smell of sweat and dried blood.
It's smell burns the inside of my nose making me almost throw up, suddenly I end up throwing up next to the cat. I wipe off the disgusting smelling vomit. I cry silently as I feel something cold and wet on my hands. I look to find a sharp piece of glass dripping and reeking blood in my hand... It turns out that I was the torturer.
What? This can't be! I'm the one who killed this cat. But how?
I soon realized that I was trapped in my own psychosis, I was living my own nightmare. I was being manipulated into doing this by the girl in the mirror. Who is that girl?
That day! THAT DAY! The day when George came to my house and the girl with the teddy bear came. George was petrified. In fact, he was scared of me. He said that the girl looked exactly like me. What is happening? This mystery is too hard for me to solve. Everything is just extremely hard to comprehend. I feel like killing myself.

Just then I heard a malicious, diabolical cackle. The voice was raspy and sounded almost like a chuckle.
It shouted: "No one in this house now except you, so bend on your knees and make a bow. Only you. Your mind blew. I'll slit your throat and make you scream. Bet you will enjoy this lovely scheme." The voice kept echoing and fading into an evil laugh.
"Oh so you want to fight me? You are a faker. Let's end this game. Now!" I shouted back in anger.
I ran upstairs as fast as I could, my hands in fiery fists.

***

It was as if I could see her change before my eyes, her black hair growing messier. The dark eyelashes that framed her crimson red eyes grew even darker. Now, it was time to start the final round of the game! How far would she go to convince me that nothing was wrong? How much damage would she do if it meant she would win?

l started out simple. The candelabra standing on the blue shelf, I pushed it down. She did the same. Taking a lighter out of my pocket, I set fire to a corner of the blue carpet. Of course, she copied my actions. The flames began to grow ever so slightly and I could once again feel the rage begin to overtake.
Did she actually think l'd let her win?! She thought l'd let her beat me?? Oh boy, she had another thing coming for her. I couldn't help but to once again let out a hysterical chuckle as I brought forth the same knife from yesterday.
It was so clear now, the hesitation in my reflection's eyes! There was no way she could go through with what was coming!! However, I was not going to let her lose so easily!
If her eyes were what were giving her away, then so be it. I had no other choice but to do what was coming next...

It was a simple motion.