Chapter 6

"She needs love. You have to protect her. She is scared and agitated. Talk to her about her fears. Acknowledge your fear, Stacie. Write it down. Feel the fear. Repeat after me: There's nothing wrong with having this fear. Absolutely nothing wrong. Ask yourself: what's the worst thing that can happen? Will you die? Will Catoptrophobia, the wild leech suck life out of you? Beat the fear, just do it! Prepare yourself to battle with it. Conquering fear can be overwhelming, intimidating. So start small." Said Dr. Watson, the psychiatrist.

"I'll try. But what if I die trying to conquer Catoptrophobia?" Said Stacie.

"Then you shall die a death of honour. But no, this won't happen." Said Dr. Watson, "Well now, I need to talk to your parents, alone."

"Is she going to be okay?" Asked Stacie's father.

"Hopefully. It depends on her." Said the psychiatrist.

"Does she need any medication other than psychological therapy?"

"Yes. I have prescribed some SSRIs used to treat anxiety and fears. Lexapro and Paxil. Just don't let her be hopeless. This can lead to suicide. Also, I advise you to put mirrors everywhere in the hou-------" (Stacie rushes into the room and interrupts)

"What on Earth are you Dr. Watson!! A fifteen year old catoptrophobic who struggles daily, trying to conquer her fear and you, you 'advise' her parents to put mirrors everywhere in the God damn house!" Stacie said rhetorically and started clapping.

"You are misunderstanding me. This is your battle." Said Dr. Watson.

"Let's go away from here sweetie." Said Stacie's mother.

+++

  Jack, the school bully stops infront of me and says, "What do you think you are doing here? Huh?" But I don't take my eyes off the book in my hand and pretend that nobody's around me. Maybe he doesn't like my attitude; he snatches the book from my hand and throws it away. "I'm talking to you," he says. I still don't look at him because I'm tired of having people beating me up. "Get up," he says pulling me up from the bench grabbing the hem of my shirt. Before I can get on my feet properly I feel his fist colliding with my face. I fall on the ground, and my hand doesn't go to my face to cover my bloody nose rather they go to my back to check if my shirt has risen to reveal my scars.

+++

"Jeez! Are you okay?" Said an unknown boy, helping me get up.

"Don't worry. I am fine."

"Well you certainly don't look like you're fine. We should go get your wounds dressed."

+++

"I didn't know that there are bullies in this school too." Said the boy.
"What do you mean? Why didn't you know?? Aren't you from around here?"
"No. I am new here. I left my school because of this very reason... the bullies. But I think it's even worse here."
"Yes it is. Anyways, thankyou for helping me."
"You're welcome, miss gorgeous."
"Haha. What's your name?"
"My name is George Mason. And you are?"
"Stacie Hawkins."
"Pleased to meet you."
"Me too."