Chapter One

Nervous is an understatement to how i feel right now. I've never had a job interview before so i have no idea what to expect,what kind of questions will they ask? My anxiety is definitely working overtime.

"Berkley, you are going to be fine." said Haley , my friend of 2 years , shes been trying all day to ease my mind. So far nothings worked, i'm just ready to get it out of the way honestly.

 "Can you help me pick out an outfit?" i question with a pout on my face. She agrees knowing that i have no sense of style. It doesn't take her long to put me together an put me together an outfit worthy of an interview with a multi million dollar company. I gather my things and i'm soon out the door.

I promptly made my way downtown towards the office building, which i know from research has over 100 floors. I make my way inside, heading towards the elevators. once inside i press the button for the 100th floor and am soon on my way. 

i'm then immediately ushered into a small waiting area right outside the office where i'll be interviewing.  No less than five minutes later my name was called.

"Mr. Dorminey is ready for you" said the receptionist 

"I'm interviewing with Mr. Dorminey?" i ask in disbelief 

i open the office door and i'm greeted with the most perfect human being, Grayson Dorminey also known as the Founder and CEO of Dorminey Enterprises. He had the most perfect jawline, with a light beard. Beautiful dark blonde hair that i would love to run my hands through. Piercing light brown eyes, ones that can see right through to you soul.

He greets me with a "Hello , Miss Jennings " and a handshake, i felt it when our hands touched. It was like an electric shock, the kind you here about in cheesy romance novels. I don't know if he felt it and if he did he didn't give any clues away.

"Hello, Sir. I'm sorry if i'm a little flustered i wasn't expecting to be interviewed by you."

"I do all the interviews for my company, i like to know who's working for me."

"That's completely understandable, i cant say that i wouldn't be the same way."

"Shall we begin?"

"Yes Sir."

"It says here you just graduated with a business degree from Columbia University, What made you decide business?"

"I like filling out forms." i say with a laugh.

"Well we do a lot of that here." He replies with a smile.

"Seriously though, i like organization and control. Business just seemed like the right fit."

His eyes rose at my remark,"That's the same reasons i started my own company." 

We both laugh.

He then asks, "Do you know exactly what our company does?"

"You're an Investment company, right?"

"Sort of, Company's or individuals invest with us and if they're a company then we kind of take over their Ad department. So technically we're an Investment and Ad company. Its also mainly failing company's that come to us, we take over Ads and rehabilitate them."

"Wow that's amazing, you know you should update your website to include all the things that you actually do."

"Well if you get the job then i'll make that your first task." He says with a smile

"I'll get right onto that." i reply with my own smile

"We also handle several charities as part of our business, i feel like giving back to the community is an important thing."

"You just keeping get better by the minute.. or i mean your company does." i try to cover my tracks.

"Well thank you." He smirks 

"You're welcome."  i smile back

We continue talking for about another hour before we both decide we're done for the day.

"It was a pleasure meeting you Miss Jennings."

"I can assure you the pleasure was all mine."

He reaches over to shake my hand and once he does i feel a spark through out my body. I've never felt anything like this before and if he feels it to then he doesn't show it. He then puts his hand at the small of my back and walks me towards the elevator.

once in front he turns towards me and says,"I hope to see you again miss Jennings."

"Like wise." i smirk and then walk into the open elevator. We star at each other with intense looks before the door shuts, and i let out the breath i didn't realize i was holding.

Dear God,What am i going to do?