Chapter Fourteen

"What was that all about?" John asks once we've placed our order and taken a seat.

"I'm not sure i know what you mean." i say even though i know exactly what hes talking about, I'm almost positive he could feel the tension between Grayson and I. As if he could read my thoughts he repeated them with his next statement.

"The tension between you two. It was palpable."

"i'm not sure why." i say trying to avoid the situation.Hoping he would just drop the subject. "I've never been here before, what do you recommend?" i ask trying to change the conversation.

"Well i love the Ruben sandwich, but I've never had anything bad from here." He says as we walk into the door. The menu was vast, they had just about any sandwich you would want. i'm not much of a sandwich person so i of course was lost.

It took me a few minutes before i decide on a cranberry chicken salad sandwich. We both ordered our lunch and once we were done with that we took our seat at a booth in the back.Now seated he says,"I've seen the way Greyson looks at you."

"What do you mean?" i question

"He looks at you like you're the only person in the room."

"Again i don't know what you mean."

"Of course you don't." he says with a knowing smirk on his face.

After keeping everything in since it happened I break down. Spilling everything to him.
"okay but you have to swear on your life you won't tell anyone and if you do I'll totally get you fired."
He crosses his heart, "scouts honor."

" I slept with Greyson." I say
" I knew it!" He exclaims "there's too much tension around you two for something not to have happened."
"Well it did but it won't happen again."
"Why?"

"We kind of had a falling out." I say
"What happened?"
"We both agreed it's best to not pursue anything, I don't want to be known as a woman who sleeps with men to get ahead."
"Makes sense."

"Still doesn't make it easy. Every time I see him all I can think about is how he looks naked."
"How does he look?" He questions with a smirk on his face.
"like a God." I say trying to keep lust out of my tone.

"So just like ive imagined?" he says with a hearty laugh

"Probably." i say with a laugh of my own.
" but listen, you know you can't tell a soul. Like ever."

" I've already told you that I won't. No need to fret hon."
"I know but if this got out and then I'd be ruined."
"Your secrets safe with me." And I believed him. He's given me no reason so far not to trust him.

I feel like a beautiful friendship was blooming.