Chapter Two

A small smile tilts my lips as I release her small, warm hands from my own. They were so delicate, fragile almost. And soft too, as if she hadn't done a days work in her life. A cute blush rises to her cheeks and my smirk begins to grow...

That's adorable.

I think to myself while tightening my grip on the bag of Chinese food I had

"Well, let's get on our way then, it's pretty late". Gwen nods and takes a few steps away from me, turning towards a nearby trashcan and shuffles around behind it, yanking out a raggedy old bookbag. Not gonna lie, it smelled horrid. I cleared my throat, attempting to ignore the putrid scent reeking from the backpack. At least the walk from here isn't far. I nod to Gwen, silently asking her if she was ready, to which she nodded back at me shyly. I grace an encouraging smile towards her tiny being and begin to walk home.

..........

"Here we are, home sweet home" I say, opening the door to my house. Noticing she wasquite shy, as well as intimidated by the largeness of the building, I wrap my arms around her shoulders and rub my hand down her arm. Offering comfort.

"Ill just give you a short tour and let you get situated in the guest room, alright?" Gwen simply nods her head. I guide her around my home, displaying the kitchen, bathrooms, living and family rooms etc... I didn't go into detail of where she could and couldnt go, that was for tomorrow. I pull her up the stairway and into the second closest door

"This is the guest room, you can use it for now until you set yourself together. Take as long as you need" I reassure Gwen with a light tap on her head and a warm smile. She simply nods again, no emotions visable upon her face, except possibly anxiousness. We walk further within the room and her eyes scan around, blue walls, a white bed, and a desk. Simple things, nothing over the top.

"There's a bathroom to your right, and a closet to the left with all the things you might need... Um, I'll give you some clothes to sleep in today, and we'll go shopping tomorrow" I say, looking down at her rags. She would look and feel ten times better after she showered and washed all the dirt away. Poor thing. Gwen nods her head again, looking upwards into my eyes. She was beautiful.

"T-thank you" she whispers, tears in her glistening blue eyes. I smirk and pat her head once again

"Its no problem small bean, its what I'd want someone to do for me in a time of need. Now go take a shower, you need it" I chuckle and watch as Gwen nods again, skimping away towards the shower, her bookbag dropped on the floor. Once she closes the door i immediately snatch it, zipping it open and satisfying my curiosity.

I really shouldn't snoop, but oh well.

It wasnt much. A pair of ripped dirty jeans and a few musky smelling tee shirts. One sock that had a whole in the toe area, and a set of bra and panty. Those had stains on them. The only interesting thing within the bag was the folded up paper that I had almost missed. It had a small tear in the corner, and was brittle, but well loved. There was a younger Gwen, maybe seven, sitting on a velvet red couch with an older looking boy in the picture as well. He looked exactly like her, except his hair was darker seeming, and he had no dimples when he smiled. They were cute, he was probably her brother... Where was he?... I place the picture on the desk within the room and keep hold of the backpack, walking down the stairs and into the kitchen, tossing it harshly within the garbage can.

That thing was disgusting. And sad.

I wash my hands after handling the bag and stalk back upstairs to my room, stripping of all my clothes and briskly walking into my bath to take a shower. I only had minimal time to finish my neccessities before i had to head to bed. But i also had to take care of Gwen and her needs as well. Maybe I should just take a day off. But the maid could handle her as well tomorrow. However i think if I was going to have her here as my guest, then i should at least have her semi comfortable with me before she meets others. She seems too timid to meet more than one person at a time. Gwen is fragile and scared. She needs time with one person, care with one person, and trust built with one person before she becomes ready for others. I suppose i could call in and tell my boss i won't be able to make it... Sigh, at least it's a paid day off.

After finishing my shower and shaving my face I step out with only a pair of sweats on, continuing to dry off my neck while walking around attempting to find Gwen. After not seeing her in her room or the living room I begin to panic

"Gwen?" I shout out, listening to my voice echo in the large house. I don't hear a response

"Gwen!?!" I yell once again, rushing up the stairs to her room to double check if she was there or not. She wasn't. I sprint to my room and wasn't surprised to not find her there as well. Where the hell was she. I run down the stairs, taking two steps at a time, and scan my eyes around, looking for any sign of other life. And stop in my tracks. In the kitchen.

"Have you been there the whole time?" I whisper darkly. Mutely she nods her head, a deep blush set on her face and her small hands twisted together nervously.

"And you decided not to say anything and make me look like a fool?" I stalk towards her, my eyes narrowed with false anger. She squeaks and steps back, fear set in her eyes as she looks for an escape route

"I-I'm s-sorry!" She whispers out in panic, and the smirk that had formed began to grow. What a gullible little kid. As I begin to stalk further towards her, close enough to where i could smell the scent of the sweet shampoo gathered into her hair I notice her panic disappeared and instead Gwen's soft blue eyes shifted down towards the ground and then to the bag of chinese food I had placed on the counter upon entering the house.

"Hungry?" I question and move to the bag, beginning to open the food up to serve her and myself as well.

"Yes" she whispers shyly and seats herself next to me

"Yeah I'm not surprised. When was the last time you ate?" I ask, afraid of the answer I might get

"Y-yesterday. It was a s-slice of bread someone g-gave me." Only that... For the whole day... I couldnt imagine. I sigh with pity in my eyes and give her a heaping of everything i had bought in a plate. She was gonna eat like she was a whole army.

"T-thank you" her eyes were huge and her hand was trembling with the fork in it. I chuckle once more and nod

"You're welcome. Now eat it all or there's no desert for you" I tease. She looks up at me with even wider eyes and whispers

"But..." I laugh out loud and run her head, messing up her clean hair

"Its okay, just eat as much as you can" she nods and begins to dig in.

.......

"Goodnight Gwen, sweet dreams, I'll be here when you wake up okay?" I whisper as I stroke her hair tenderly. Gwen nods with a little blush and keeps her eyes directed downwards, causing me to smirk. She was so cute.

"O-okay" I shake my head, my smirk growing wider and stand up, my eyes still inspecting her now clean and even more beautiful face. What a gorgeous girl.

"Okay. I'll see you tomorrow." And with those words i step out of her bed and sigh, turning off the lights and shutting the door.

............

Short chappy and probably really bad but I wanted to put something up so here it is! Hope you guys enjoyed it anyway! Please excuse any spelling errors as well hehe

Love, A