Chapter Five

"Why? What's in there?" Gwen questions, coming forth towards the door and reaching the doorknob. In a haste I yanked her back to my front, restraining her in a gentle hold. Making my point clear of not going into the room, but also being a decent human and not hurting the girl. I turn Gwen to look me in the eyes, glaring slightly into hers because of her recklessness, which she in return, glanced back wearily with shame. Internally I chuckled.

At least she wasn't a brat.

"I said to not go in there, and the first thing you do is try and open the door? Tsk, try again my dear" I shake my head with 'disappointment'. Truthfully I thought her excitement and curiosity was adorable, I wasn't actually angry at her. However, she had to learn to follow my rules and obey me. I wasn't her dominant, but she lived under my roof now. She needed to listen.

"I'm sorry Nathan, I won't do it again I promise!" Gwen pleadingly stares up into my eyes, hers resembling the large moon up in the night sky, an almost glow within them. She was so beautiful, it distracted me from my task to discipline her. I squint my eyes in disbelief and turn from her slightly, letting my grasp on her drop.

"Oh? And how do I know you're telling the truth?" Quickly Gwen rushes towards me again, standing her ground in front of me and yelling out

"I pinky promise!" She lifts her little hand up from her side and raises her slim pinky finger out, awaiting my own to intertwine with hers. I couldn't hold my chuckle as I look into her own determined eyes. She truly was sorry for her mistake, and I was confident she wouldn't be a sneaky little girl and try and investigate the room.

If she did... well I wouldn't have a punishment suitably harsh enough.

Glancing from Gwen's striking blue eyes to her tiny finger I wrap my own around hers, sealing the promise.

"Alright Hun, I trust you won't break this promise" she quickly shakes her head

"Never ever ever" I smirk down upon her and nod, entrusting her with my rules. She was a good girl, a little rough around the edges, but a good girl nonetheless.

"Okay. Now I'll give you that play time I promised earlier" I state. As the words trickle out of my mouth I felt the warmth of her body ditch me for the play room she barely remembered it's location of.

I chuckle once again.

*******

"Nathan Nathan Nathan! Come pway wit me!" A little Gwen exclaimed with excitement, zooming around the room with a baby pink elephant in hand. It was the same I had found her with earlier in the day, although the morning now felt a million days in the past. Time just flew by with her occupying me. All she wanted was attention. I gave her that and more.

"Of course Sweet Pea. What are we gonna play now?" I had taken a short break to just admire her playing with all her dolls and stuffed animals, it was all so much cuter when I was just watching. She was in such peace. No cares or worries. Just living happily in the moment. Gwen was honestly an adorable little girl.

"Umm...." she took a second to think and make a big decision

"Tea party!" She said happily, a brilliant smile on her face as it flushed a pretty pink color. Her eyes twinkled in excitement and she held the elephant to her chest tightly. I smile a bit and take a step forward to brush a stray brown hair from her check

"Well I'd love to have a tea party with you, why don't you invite a couple of your little friends too? I'm sure they'd be more than happy to join us" I wink at Gwen and gesture to the large accommodation of stuffed animals she had all across the play room. She would clean it all up once she was done, I hope she knew that.

"Oh mhm! I'll bwing... hmm... Mr. Teddy, and... Snuggle Butt!" Quickly Gwen picks up a brown bear with a plaid bow tie and seats him at the small circular table in the room, and does the same with a Blue dog stuffie. With a smirk I raise an eye brow at her

"That's all? You don't wanna bring anyone else?" Gwen shakes her head no. I give a slightly confused look

"Why not? Don't you like the others?" Once again Gwen shakes her head no and says

"They say mean stuffs about Mr. Teddy and Shnuggle Butts" I laugh silently and pat Gwen's hair. She was only protecting her stuffies. From each other oddly enough.

"Well it's nice of you to rescue them. Why don't you go sit and play for a second while I go get some lunch for the tea party huh?" Gwen nods her head politely and takes her seat, stumbling a bit over a block toy. She was gonna have fun cleaning all this up.

Sooner rather than later I come back up the stairs with a tray of sandwiches and juice boxes. Gwen most likely won't eat dinner after so I made quite a few.

"Tank yous da- Nathan! Now come pway with mes!" She says as she tugs on my sleeve and I chuckle at her elation and her slip up. She already saw me as her caregiver. It was cute.

"Alright Doll, I'm coming." I sit down and hand her a sandwich, which she took gently and smiled at me with thanks. She took a big bite and spoke with a full mouth of food

"Mr. Teddy said that you told him a secret"

"Oh really? And what did I say?" I spoke back, playing along while peeling the crusts off her bread calmly. Gwen giggled but it was muffled by the sandwich in her mouth, causing me to smirk at her silliness

"I can't tell you, it's a secret!" She swallows her food, but takes another big bite. It's nice to see her eating bigger portions.

"Oh but if it's my own secret then shouldn't I know?" I retaliate with a chuckle

"You should know your own secrets" Gwen giggles endlessly, seeing as how she cornered me into her joke. I laugh along with her, reaching over to tickle her sides and erupt even more laughter from her lips

"No no tickles!" She shouts out, begging for mercy and kicking her legs under the table at an attempt to make me stop. I only do when she knees a sandwich into the floor.

"Uh oh..." I smirk

"It's alright Angel, it was an accident"

"Me and Snuggle butt clean it!" She claims, standing up with her blue stuffed animal before I could utter a word. She picks it up and walks out of the room. In that moment, I held a bit of pride for the little girl.

She was going to be mine. Every last inch.

*****
Hope you guys liked the chapter! It was sort of more of a filler so I could really get some balls rolling in the upcoming ones.

What do you think is in that room? And what about Gwen? Do you think there's really a secret?

Thank you guys for reading and enjoying and as always

Love, A