Chapter Ten

After yesterday's success, I felt my good days had dwindled. It was the weekend, which was the maids days off except for one, meaning I practically had to fend for myself. This typically included ordering take out and trying to minimize the messes I left so the maids didn't have to do much during the week, however I now had a little one under my care. Needless to say, it was gonna be a fucking nightmare. Gwen appeared to be a fairly responsible little, however she knew how to get chaos started from what I've witnessed.
Today was also the commencement of the hunt to find the perfect woman I'd claim was Gwen, sending the innocent female like a pig to the slaughter (this being Mr. Steele). My conscious was destroying me, my morals getting thrown to the side at the twisted thought, however it was necessary. Adorable little Gwen, or a stranger that looked just like her. This was sick. I hated being the bad guy, but if it worked then the little girl would be safe, for the time being until I sorted how I would keep her under the radar forever. What a god damn complication.
My lips released a groan as the sunlight suddenly rained heavily in my room, blinding me even with my eyes closed from sleep. My thoughts were busier than I was as I was still lying in bed, relishing in the silence this morning. Gwen had changed the atmosphere in the house since she arrived, it was livelier and rowdy, and although it was different I welcomed it. She was the sprinkle of sweet sugar my sour life needed.
"My apologies sir, however the miss' was whining for your attention. She knocked multiple times" rising up I only acknowledged the maids words with a nod, yawning as I slightly stumbled out of the dark room to immediately become attacked with a desperate attempt at a tight hug. A loud chuckle escaped me as I opened my eyes from my yawn, brushing my fingers into thick dark hair and wrapping my free arm around Gwen's shoulders.
"Good morning dear, did you sleep well?" I was becoming used to Gwen's neediness in the mornings, i suppose it was to alleviate the stress of not being able to cuddle during the night, which I also felt. Knowing she was so close to touch yet just out of reach was a pain, however our mornings were just as special. Gwen shook her head side to side, huffing with what I assumed was a pout on her lips as she slipped her fingers into mine that was caressing her head. Humming in confusion I crouched down to her level, staring directly into her shy eyes, her cheeks becoming a soft shade of pink due to our close proximity. Holding her chin to brush her soft cheek with my palm I began to console
"What happened darling? Is it anything I can fix? I promise I'll make it better if I can" Gwen's diamond blue eyes shimmered with unshed tears as an adorable pout graced her face
"Nightmare... want cuddles" Gwen hesitantly wrapped her arms around my neck as she allowed herself to cry into my chest. The poor angel just needed some love to relieve her pain. I wanted so badly to ask what her nightmare was about, and I had my suspicions it was about fucking Tommy, but I withheld. This wasn't about my needs, it was about Gwen's. Racing my hands up and down her small back I whispered sweet nothings into her ear, holding her close and occasionally laying a soft kiss on her forehead. It only took a small bit for the little dove to calm herself and become the epitome of bashful.
"Are you ready for some cuddles?" I questioned softly, brushing her short hair behind her ears as I adjusted her fallen sweatshirt on her shoulder once again. Seeing her smooth milky skin almost made my mouth water as the innocent little thing looked up at me with wide doe eyes, nodding slowly as I gripped her fingers, letting her tug me anywhere she wanted to spend my time with her. I still had yet to even prepare myself for the day or eat breakfast, however priorities were priorities. Gwen feeling safe and happy was at the top of that list.
Settling herself down on the couch I propped myself next to her, letting her lean her small head on my shoulder as her short leg slayed across my lap. I began running my hand against her knee high clad legs, beginning from her knee to her ankle, praying I could distract my mind from any dirty thoughts with the buzzing from the television. She was so fucking cute it wasn't fair to any man, and the blush she was giving me painted pictures in my mind that weren't suitable for any little to know about.
     Focusing on the cutie pie I let my fingers ride across her little feet, playing with her toes until a small sweet giggle erupted from her pink lips. I chuckled at that, letting her know it was okay to be happy after a sad moment. I smiled at her in encouragement as I continued fiddling with her feet
     "Oh you like that huh?" I commented, an embarrassed look enveloping her however quickly changing as I began tickling the bottoms of her feet. Instantly a stream of giggles fled her mouth and little space was engaged as she battled me to escape my loving torture.
     "Nu nu! Nathan pwease stop!" Gwen barely huffed out, trying to push my hands away however failing miserably. I laughed while traveling my hands upwards to her waist, attacking the soft skin, relishing in the pure happiness she possessed. Her beauty was incomparable, it entranced me. I could watch her live life with a smile on her cute face everyday if she'd led me. But that's kinda creepy isn't it.
     "What's the magic word, sweet pea?" I challenged, a daring smile on my face as I entertained her antics, giving her a way to flee my hold. Pausing for a moment I let her think, an adorable thoughtful look passed that made me want to kiss it right off before she answered
     "Oh! Pancakes?"
     "Wrong- it was cutie" I grinned evilly before continuing my assault on the little thing in my arms for a couple more seconds, deciding she was cheered up enough to stop. Huffing for breath Gwen stuck her tongue at me playfully before standing.
"You da cutie dummy, not me!" Pointing at me to prove herself I immediately threw my head back, laughing. Gwen gave me a confused look before realizing what she said, making me laugh a little more. What a funny girl.
"Ah! No forge-"
"You just proved how cute you are, Lovely" chuckling I tugged her forward to brush her hair behind her small ears, away from her face, and rubbed my thumb finger underneath her soft bottom lip. Not yet. Clearing my throat and glancing away from a heavily blushed Gwen I smirked in her direction before patting her head lovingly
"I think the maid should be done with breakfast".
[][][][][]

Sighing I ran a hand through my hair, wondering how much long I could have to pull this off realistically. I didn't need boss to get suspicious of me, however he probably was confused. I was acting different, I knew it, and if I did then he knew it before I could even think the thought. I hadn't come in to work for a week, and our phone calls were filled with missing information. Vague. I needed to give him answers, get him off my back, but it needed to be legit. Or at least seem like it was. By tonight, he would have his girl, I don't fucking know how, but he'd have all her information, and by tomorrow she'd be in his unforgiving hold. My heart dropped painfully at the thought. I was a fucking monster, but it was a sacrifice that needed to be done.
Swiping through the list of girls I've gathered I scanned through their pictures quickly, comparing it to the one posted on the news article of Gwen. Her image was fairly blurry and hard to distinguish any noticeable features, making it easier to choose a woman to fill her role. Through the page of twenty females I was halfway through before I heard a soft knock on my door, destroying the focus I had bubbled myself with.
"Come in" a called, attempting to scroll through my phone to continue my work, knowing it was Gwen. The maids never knocked. Bitches.
"Nathan maidy left and I lonely" Gwen whined, coming forward and patting her hands on my thighs to catch my full attention. As much as I really wanted to I couldn't give into her desires, it was for her best interest that I finish my work.
"I know hun, and I'm sorry but I need a little while longer to work" I ran my fingers through my hair in an effort to alleviate my frustration before dropping my phone and facing Gwen fully. Holding her waist gently I saw her thinking face running at top percent. I chuckle as her nose scrunched and her bottom lip was bit. An adorable look for an adorable girl.
"I help!" Gwen exclaimed, reaching to grab my phone from my desk. Immediately I went to intervene but her little hand was already set and giggling at whatever she saw on the screen. What's soo funny?
"Silly Nathan that's just me!" I concealed my confused face as Gwen turned my phone around to show me, and a cocky smile displayed itself on my face. Holy fuck this lucky girl just saved herself. I can't believe this. I laugh as I embrace the little girl made of sugar itself and hold her head in my hands, palms against her cheeks flat
"You're my little lucky charm" I whisper, pressing a soft kiss to her forehead before turning back to the photo of the woman that looks identical to Gwen.
Skylar Linn
Age: 22
Height and weight: 5'3, 110 pounds
Address: xxx street

Miss Skylar today is you're unlucky day. Glancing back to Gwen I found her tugging at my pant leg, digging for my attention. I cover her hand with mine and throw her a questioning look, to which she blushes and replies
"Here" and points to her forehead, the exact spot I always kiss. Well I had to let out my urge to kiss her somehow. The little thing was too much to resist completely. I chuckle at her adorable behavior and allow myself to press a soft kiss on her forehead again before turning call Mr. Steele. Gwen smiles in satisfaction and waddles away with her hands on her hot cheeks, cute baby talk spilling from her mouth. A smirk spreads on my lips, however only for a moment as I hear boss's words on the other line
"Nathan" I clear my throat as my heart thumps heavily in my chest, a dead give away to my nervous composure. Thank god he can't hear heart beats, I wouldn't have one anymore. I clench my fist on the phone as my fingers run along the edge of my desk
"Sir- I found her."

*******

Hi you guys! I missed you all and this story so much, it's great to be back! I know you this chapter is a little on the short side but I just wanted to dip my toes back in the waters for the first chapter back :)

The writing style might be just a little different and I'm sorry if it's too mature(?) for the story but I'm working on that!

Please let me know what you guys think about the chapter, and I hope to keep them coming regularly for a while!

I love you all soo much and please stay safe! <3

Love, A