Chapter nine

"Nathan can I please take her home!" Gwen begged, holding the oversized pink bunny stuffed animal in her tight grip, stuffing her small face into its stomach the size of Gwen's whole body. I didn't really want to buy her the animal, seeing as it costed much more than I felt comfortable for a pile of fluff, however as I stared at Gwen with a hint of a glare, I felt myself soften at her beautiful face pleading for the life of her. I knew I was losing my stern face as she began to giggle. I knew it and yet I didn't mind too much.
     "Gwen baby, please don't do this to m-"
      "Nathan please" she whined, drawling out the last word, her face pouting even further adorably. I couldn't hold myself back as I walked over to where she sat cuddling the bunny and kissed her small cheek, growling lightly with slight irritancy at my weakness of cute girls named Gwen.
     "Goddamnit fine" I groaned with my face right in front of hers, sighing as I felt my wallet cry in agony. The little girl in front of me cheered happily and wrapped her short arms around my neck, giggling at my defeat
     "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" Gwen laughed into my neck before quickly detaching herself and turning all of her attention to her new giant pal. I shook my head, feeling just a smidge of jealousy towards the inanimate objects while Gwen spoke to it, eyes glimmering with content. We hadn't even payed for the thing yet, but she still gave it its own name and title
     "You're Bubblegum! I'm gonna snuggle you every night I promise" her small voice somehow drew the attention of quite a few customers passing by, which caused me to glare angrily at them. Why can't people just mind their fucking business and go about their own damn day? Upon my ridged face those staring widened their eyes in intimidation and scurried past, leaving my Gwen to enjoy herself without judgmental passerbyers.
     "Alright sweetheart, lets go check out Bubblegum and get the rest of your stuff" I smirked at her excited expression, her doe eyes wide and lips slightly parted while smiling. She clearly hadn't been shopping in quite a bit because she was much more eager to travel around than a usual little. It pained my heart just a little. I was mending that issue. Gwen stood while tugging her stuffed animal by the arm towards me, a bashful look plastered on her face as the rabbit was taller than herself and obviously heavier. I couldn't help the smiling eye roll that passed as I chuckled, picking up her toy and placing it in the cart, wanting to leave the toy aisle as quick as possibly before she decided to snatch up another and destroy my bank account
     "Let's go hun, we can't spend all of our time in just one store now can we?" Innocently she shook her head, subconsciously gripping my empty hand as we began strolling to the cashier who checked out Gwen's stuffie, as long as some more pacifiers and sippycups. Since she only had the one binky and cup she carried with her from where I discovered her, I figured she needed tons more, especially being my little. Well, sort of my little. Gwen's eyes never left her animal as the cashier scanned its bar code and bagged it.
     "Is it gonna be okay in the bag like that?" Gwen whispered to me, concerned over its well being inside of the paper bag. I chuckled and nodded my head, brushing her loose strands of hair behind her ear, causing her to blush and tangle her fingers together shyly.
     "Don't worry princess, it'll be alright. If you want you can poke some holes in the bag so it can see better" to my idea Gwen grinned and and nodded quickly, grabbing the bag from the cashier and beginning to rip holes into the bag for her new friend. I smirked at her care and paid for her things, thanking the clerk for his work and walking Gwen out of the store, glancing around the mall for the next spot to hit before it got too late. Gwen, once again, held onto my hand as we walked, which made me look down to her. The slightly baggy clothes she wore caused her to seem even tinier than she was, her hair was pulled back into a messy bun on top of her head, hair strands pulled down to frame her face properly, and her shoes were a bit dirty in an almost stylish way. I guess it was time to buy her some new clothes, knowing she would much rather wear a thousand shades of pink and purple. Patting Gwen's head comfortingly I gave her hand a soft squeeze and tugged her to the nearest clothing store, letting her pick out whatever she wanted while under my supervision.

..............

"Pizza or tacos for dinner today?" I questioned the cute thing hooked to my arm as we watched cartoons on the television. She was slowly beginning to doze off in my grasp, seeing as she didn't have one of her usual naps today since we had been out all day shopping. Although she had a great time out of the house, I was a bit wary of one of my coworkers finding me with boss's searching target. Luckily I don't reckon anyone was out since we were spending time together during their working hours.
"Pizza!" Gwen perked up. I chuckled and brushed my fingers over her cheek, watching her eyes meet mine and a complimenting blush of light pink adorn her soft cheeks. She was just so-, my heart couldn't handle it. Gwen's hands held mine tightly, a nervous tick she's acquired while being with me. Slowly, very slowly, she leaned forward towards my face, until her plush lips met the skin on the side of my face with her eyes shut delicately. I couldn't help but smile at her sign of affection. She was too sweet. Gwen tucked her face into the crook of my neck as i soothingly rubbed her back, nuzzling my face into her hair and pressing my lips to her ear in return.
"Precious"

.......

Yay an update! Tell me how you guys think of it and what you'd like to see next!

Love, A