Chapter Three

Brilliant rays of sunlight peaked through the curtains of my window, causing me to sluggishly wake up. I was not in the mood today. For anything. But my stomach was grumbling and I assumed it was already late in the day. Meaning I was also late for work.

Oh sh*t work.

Hastily I stood up and grabbed my phone from the nightstand, immediately speed dialing my boss, whom had an amused tone at my call

"Mr. Steele I apologize for my tardiness I'm on my way right now, I just had... An... Emergency(?)"

"Grey, you do know you called me yesterday, correct? You called for a day off" a light chuckle rang through my phone and i sighed

"I did?" I bite my lips with my hand on my hip, staring out the window with confusion. I had no recollection of calling my own boss last night. You'd think i would, thats pretty damn important

"Ah yes. You sounded disoriented. But i appreciate the phone call regardless, it was very... Um, how do I say... Heartfelt(?)"

Heartfelt?

"What do you mean Mr. Steele?" Suddenly there was a beep sounding through the phone and a loss of contact. Crap my cell died. And I might've just discovered that I humiliated myself in front of my boss. What the f*ck did I do last night?

***

Walking downstairs I pass by the guestroom, trying to find the little girl I picked up yesterday, however she wasn't there. Not was she in the kitchen (I actually checked there this time) and I shiver with a laugh. I can tell this was going to be a routine. I continue the search for Gwen upstairs when all of a sudden I glance out of the corner of my eye a door peeped open.

Oh no.

I rush over the room and see a little Gwen in the midst of the room, sitting on the floor criss cross. In between her legs she had a stuffed bear and some chips. She looked so cute, the ideal little girl. Immediately I told myself I was going to make her mine.

Slowly I stepped inside, causing her to look up at me with those pretty sapphire eyes, a pouty look to her small face.

"Hewwo" Gwen spoke softly, her rosy lips staying parted slightly. I smirk while taking steps further towards her, crouching to meet her eye level. Her stuffed animal squished closer to her in an anxious act and I shuffle slightly further away from her to keep her mind in peace

"Hi Gwenny, are you feeling a bit little today?" She nods her head and i nod back

"Okay. How little exactly?" I question, and Gwen looks up at the star filled ceiling for a second, thinking, before whispering out

"I's five" I smile at her cuteness before and stroke her hair a bit, making her smile back at me

"Well miss, how about I make you a deal? We get you out of little space for a bit and talk big people talk, and then later you can be as little as you want, okay?" Gwen hesitantly nods her head

"Okie..." I smile with encouragement and stand upright, pulling my hand up to tag her along. I'm nervous. I wont lie. Last time I had a little was years ago. I'm not entirely sure if I'm ready to have another. My heart... It was still bruised. Not broken. But bruised.

However it seemed like I was going to go head first into another relationship without a helmet on first.

Walking into the living room I sit her down on the couch, pulling up a chair to sit right in front of her. If I sat beside her I would be even more tempted to have her snuggle up to my side. Plus our eye contact would be a little awkward.

"So... You're a little" I break the ice. My eyes made steady contact with her own. I was to be stern yet understanding when talking to her. I needed to know how she acted in her little space, what her standards were and what she was interested in. I couldn't keep her a stranger in my home.

"Yes..." She responded, her eyes falling from my own to watch her hands fidget in her lap. I tipped her head back up to watch her face and the emotions running through it. Fear, anxiety, terror, and also a slight hint of relief. Strange...

"Its okay Gwen... I understand. I just want to know a little bit more about you okay? Is that fine?" Gwen nods her head, barely. But I saw it, and excitement coursed happily through my veins. This was actually quite thrilling. My head wasnt planning on immediately making her my little. But if that happened in the future, I wouldnt be mad. Once I learn more about her and find that she would be a great partner, I would only think about being her babysitter. If she was fine with it.

"Okay. I need to know the basics of your little space. For instance your age, what you're interested in. If youre single... Etc etc. Can you do that for me?" I stoke her cheek with my thumb and smirk as her face leans in a bit to my hand. She was so f*cking cute, it made my heart hurt.

"I-I'm around 3-5 in l-little space a-and I like to c-color, suck on p-paci, watch c-cart-toons, listen to disney m-music, snuggle with s-stuffies..." I nod as her eyes light up when talking about what she loves doing in her little space. She was growing comfortable when speaking about herself. She was a nice age range, I usually preferred Littles around this age, but I was comfortable with younger Littles. I could deal with diapers and such.

"Okay thats great hun. What about a daddy? Have you ever had one of those? Do you have one?" I'm certain she wouldn't have a daddy, I mean, for God's sake she was homeless. I just had to make sure she didnt. It would be weird if she did but she was living in a total strangers house

"Nu. He left me for another wittle" her once lively eyes smothered with sorrow and her pretty pink lips tilted downwards. She was heartbroken. Just as I was when....

"Its okay darling. I know, I know."

"Can I tell you something?" She asked. I nodded while running my hands up and down her soft arms

"Of course"

"I want another daddy... I haven't had one in a long time" See now this could have been my chance to swoop in and make her mine. However I had to think reasonably. This was basically a stranger. The cutest, most ideal stranger for me, but nevertheless a stranger. I couldn't do anything with her yet. Yet.

"Well sweetheart, another daddy will be yours when the time is right. We just have to wait a bit..." I smile, throwing her a knowing look, and running my hands through her soft, silky hair. She was perfect.

"Now can I tell you something?" She quickly nods. Good girl.

"I'm a daddy".

******

End of chapter.