A Box Full of Surprise

A brief A/N before I start: (y/n) has glasses, because... I feel that there aren't a lot of x readers where the reader has glasses. And I think that this premise can add a lot of cool situations to the story, so... Deal with it I guess...

The day was dark today, rain clouds hanging low and grey as a cold breeze chilled you to the bone. You clutched your jacket closer to your body as you pulled your scarf tighter around your neck attempting to shield yourself from the wind. The glasses that sat atop your nose collected the droplets from the sky and therefore you could not have foreseen tripping on a cardboard box.

As the world seemed to lose it's balanced you fell on the pavement, eliciting a hiss of pain as your knees made contact with the rough ground. As a response, you released a slew of curses muffled by your scarf. Even in your frenzy, you did not fail to hear the distressed mewls coming from the box you had just so gracefully tripped over. Your curiosity distracted you from the pain as you stood up, ignoring the future bruises that were already making their way unto your (s/c) skin.

Walking over to the box you heard more hissing and growling and mewing and it seemed to you, that whoever was in it was fighting. You approached the box carefully as you crouched slightly to examine it closer. It had no obvious indication of any origin and it was duct taped across the top, while it still held holes so that whatever was inside could breathe. Taking out your swiss army knife you prepared to cut the duct tape open.

>Ciel's POV<

It seemed like it has been hours since we awoke, cramped in a small dark space, that I hypothesized was a box, and it has also been hours since we discovered we were not ourselves anymore. By that I mean, we were cats. The sounds of the world outside the box seemed to frighten Alois, but that coward was always frightened by something or other. Pathetic.

I hissed at him as he tried to cuddle up closer to his butler, or well the cat that was his butler now. The annoying redhead has been chasing Sebastian around the box, causing all of our discomforts as he seemed to not give up, and proceed to scamper around blubbering something about 'Bassy accepting his love'. That is when the box shook, as something big collided with it, earning our collective response of hisses and growls at the unknown but destructive force. Whatever caused the collision released a whine and proceeded to abuse the English language with 'colorful' words to say the least.

The voice was soft and feminine and sounded rather pleasing to my ears, especially as it was a welcome contrast to the loud noises outside, which were a strain on my sharpened hearing. We heard footsteps nearing our... 'box', before a silver tip of a knife was inserted into the top of it. This action made Sebastion shield me with his larger body in order to protect me as Alois began mewling incessantly in his annoying voice.

The box opened to reveal a girl, with a pleasing (e/c) shade in her eyes and velvety looking skin stained with crimson from the harsh winds outside, her (h/l) (h/c) hair swayed in the wind as her cute glasses slid down to the tip of her knows and she pushed them up again with her index finger.

I could only stare she was so...

"Beautiful..." I muttered quietly,

"Did you say something, my lord?" I looked up to find Sebastian's crimson eyes looking at me mockingly,

"Nothing," I replied shooting him a glare.

> Back to Your POV<

As you opened the box you saw seven adorable fluffballs staring up at you, as you pushed up your glasses to stare back. After your staring contest and a minute or so of you contemplating your next course of action, you closed the box, picked it back up (eliciting small mewls of dissatisfaction from the cats inside), and began to briskly walk towards your home. As you walked the box shook making you hear slight hisses as the cats bumped into each other. Without thinking too much you spoke in your soft voice,

"Oh deal with it." You said before hiding your face back in your scarf.

Unknown to you, the beings inside were amazed at the sound of your voice, it was so gentle and magical. A few even began to question why such a simple thing as a voice could make them feel so, while another few were already growing a craving towards you.

Finally, you made it to your two-story, as you fished out the key out of your pocket with one hand, supporting the kitties with your other hand. Entering the warmth of your home you took off your shoes, set the box and took off your jacket.

Opening the box the kittens came piling out. There were seven altogether, two kittens and five bigger cats. One kitten was dark blue, with two black stripes on his tail, a piercing dark blue eye, and another eye, that the kitten kept closed. The other kitten was a pale shade of yellow, with beautiful pale blue eyes, that seemed to hold an intensity in them. Beside the blue kitten sat a bigger black cat, that held himself with a certain elegance, and his crimson eyes stared at you. Beside the pale yellow kitten was a different cat, a very deep purple color, it almost looked black, his eyes were a notable golden color. Strutting his stuff was a cat of a beautiful crimson with very green eyes, beside him, sat an annoyed looking cat with dark brown fur and green eyes. Lastly away from everyone sat a grey cat with long bangs covering its eyes, and a scar running down its face.

The cats stared at you expectantly as you suddenly felt awkward and flustered under their stares.

"Well I guess I should name you now, shouldn't I?" You said rubbing the back of your neck.

You earned a few mewls in response as the pale yellow bounded over to you, swinging his tail as it began to cuddle into your chest when you picked him up. When you went to put him down and he hissed at you and dug his nails into your shirt as he clung to you.

"Okay, okay, I'll keep holding you, jeez clingy much?" You said with a chuckle, "What should I name you kitty? How about, you can me Biscuit?"

Much to his protest you put him down and took a look at the other cats as you proceeded to name them.

"Your name shall be Pirate," you said to the blue kitten,

"And you should be Crow because you seem like a crow to me," you said referring to the crimson-eyed cat beside the blue kitten,

"You will be Spider, also because there's something spidery about you," you to the golden-eyed cat,

You proceeded to turn towards the other three cats, you reached out your hand to the red cat, who snuggled his face into it,

"Aren't you gorgeous? You will be called Red." The cat practically launched himself at you as he purred loudly, making the dark brown cat roll his eyes.

"You should be called Suit," You said referring to the dark brown cat,

"And you..." you said turning to the grey cat that seemed to be rolling around in a fit of laughter, "you will be Bone"

This seemed to elicit even more laughter from the grey cat. The red cat and the pale kitten continued to snuggle into your body as the rest just kind of watched. Suddenly you were interrupted by your growling stomach.

"So, do you want something to eat?"You say tipping your head?

>All of their POV<

'How cute... Wait what?'