« Chapter Five »

( Yes I know I'm terrible for making you wait this long burI'm now officially on summer so the chapters shouldn't be posted that slow for a while )
Travis's POV
Once I finished dinner I sat in my hammock again as it started to become dark, everyone was in their cabin since we had the boat anchored down. I continued to read the book on the Merperople section still confused What makes that merman so different? He was all alone when we met, it doesn't make any sense. Either way why would someone abandon him? Or how would he have gotten lost, why was he near shallow water instead of more deeper waters? It just all doesn't add up
" Can't sleep?"
I looked up and saw Katelyn her night outfit
" Yeah, you too?"
She nodded her head getting closer to the edge of where my hammock was,
" Whatcha reading?"
" Just a book about some mythical creatures."
" Sounds..interesting."
" you don't like them?"
She sighed and shook her head
" I just think that they should stay away from us, we shouldn't bother them and they shouldn't bother us, it's how it should work. Things like dragons shouldn't be dating a human and vise versa. It's just disgusting!"
( Well screw you too Katelyn! Let the smol child love his adorable merman! )
I was a bit taken back, I never knew Katelyn felt like that...if there are a lot of people like Katelyn out there then I should keep my feelings for that merman to myself...
" Oh."
She looked at me,
" Don't you agree?"
" Um...well..."
she gave me this look as she tried to lean in a bit more, like as if she was leaning in for a kiss. Luckily for me I was on my hammock so I could lean back far enough from her. She kept leaning in until she realized that I wasn't. She opened her eyes and looked at me
" Trav-"
" You know what, it's getting a bit late. I should really go to bed."
I looked down slightly
" Right.."
I got off the hammock and started for my room,
" Travis,"
I froze my hand on her door knob to my freedom,
" Did I..Did I say something wrong?"
I didn't answer her, I stood there for a couple of minutes until I heard Katelyn's foot steps walking closer behind me, I felt a pair of arms wrap around me and hold onto me. I stood there...frozen.
" Goodnight Katelyn."
I got it if her grasp and opened my door closing it behind me, hearing her on the other side.
" Yeah..Goodnight, Travis.."
I heard her footsteps fade away, as they did I slowly sank against my door until I was sitting on the floor. Oh god...she likes me. I sat there for what felt like forever, once I thought the coast was clear I got back up and quietly walked back out and sat back on my hammock, I'll just stay out here a little longer...
( I don't wanna kill the mood...but...I was playing music while writing this and a song came one and my sister just busted in here like " HAVANA OH NANA HALF OF MY HEART IS IN - COME ON MAN SING WITH ME!" And I just sat there as she did a full on karaoke right in my bedroom )
Zane's POV
I zipped through with Loni on the currants until it shot us out into an empty part of the ocean, I threw my hands up all pumped up
" YEAH LETS DO IT AGAIN!"
Loni laughed
" Come on my home is over here."
She pointed to a small hole in the ground that could the both of us cause let's be honest we were both short nuggets, she started to lead the way going into the hole as I followed, but I saw that once I was in that, that little simple hole in the ground led to a whole system of under ground tunnels.
" Woah!"
" This way, if you ever come her again follow the signs." She points to signs that were pointing into the directions of some holes, there was on that read Potion Room. We entered the room and I gasped, the walls were so beautiful and they were full of shelves! Shelves that are filled to the brim with ingredients!! And in the center is a cauldron and a book, this is so wonderful!
" Loni this is..AMAZING!"
" Thanks! It took me awhile to get it all like this but I managed!"
" You managed better than anyone I've ever met."
" Thanks, If oh need me follow the signs to the kitchen."
" Alright, thank you again."
" Again it's no problem."
With that she swam out, I looked up to the source of light, it was the moon above, I guess the top is a way out to the surface. I'll keep that in mind, I started going down the list and checking to see if Loni had all of the ingredients that I needed, I'll pay her back big time, I startled to put everything together into a box so once I get everything else I'll be ready. Right when I was about to go find Loni the light source above me dimmed, there must be something near by I looked up and I saw something that I thought I would never see again A ship?! What's another ship doing here?! I swam up and slowly stuck my head out of the water and I was met with a familiar pair of green eyes. SHOOT! ITS THAT HUMAN THAT I KISSED! I immediately dived back down into the water, this is not good. I started swimming away from Loni's home, so no danger is brought to it.

Travis's POV
"Hey Wait!" * a dropped Lucinda's book on the deck as I dived into the water grabbing two potions out of my pocket