« Chapter Six »

( I've decided to put my A/N in the actual chapter of the story because let's all be honest here, we all hate it when Author~Chan posts a "chapter" and then you get excited about lbecause you think it's an actual chapter by really it's just an A/N, so my A/N's will be at the end of my chapters unless it's like " I'm ending the story " important, that is the only time I'll make a chapter for an A/N. What have we learned today kids? That you'll always get a chapter and not just an A/N. Your Welcome, also I hope you like the new cover, I drew it myself, it has my signature on it for proof )

Travis's POV

"Hey Wait!"
I dropped Lucinda's book on the deck as I dived into the water grabbing two potions out of my pocket, I ripped off the tops of the potion bottles and drank them both, diving back under the water, trying to catch up with the merman. He made a sharp turn and once I made that sharp turn he was gone, He couldn't have gone far, I was right on his tail! I started to swim around looking for him, I drank a night vision potion and a water breathing potion before I started to swim after the merman so it should be easier for me to find him.  something quickly caught my eye as I turned and saw the smallest hint of a fin, quietly as I could I swam to it, sure enough there he was, the merman. He was curled up again the rock huge rock that hid him, hiding his face in his arms and slightly holding his head is he afraid of me? I slowly swim up to him making sure not to startle him and then lightly tapped his shoulder he looked up and flinched I like to swing back up until I grabbed his hand
"I won't hurt you I promise!"
He looked back at me deep into my eyes as if searching for something slowly relaxing a bit and swam back down to where my level was
" What's your name?"
He was quiet, looking down at the ground before he finally spoke up, he voice was just as I remembered..gentle...smooth..almost hypnotizing.
" Zane...Zane Ro'meave..."
" I'm Travis Valkrum."
( A/N: I don't know if I spelled that right, please correct me if I misspelled it!! )
" How are you doing that...? Your only a human..right?"
" Well Yeah I am, but what do you mean?"
" Your talking..breathing..and yet your still under the water..how are you doing that?"
" Oh, I used a potion, I wouldn't be able to do this otherwise."
" So it is true, about witches in the sky?"
I gave him a confused look as he went on.
" how can you have witches in the sky though I thought you can only get ingredients for spells and potions here in the ocean?"
" Sky witches?"
" you know witches that live outside of the water, in the sky."
" you mean witches above the surface on land?"
" Is that what you call the sky?"
" Yes, we call it anything that's above the water the surface and a places where we live land, where trees, plants and people live."
" Oh."
He looked down a quickly a dust of pink appeared on his cheeks and he looks back up at me, confused as I looked down and saw that we were still holding hands, I started to blush a bit as well as I quickly let go of his hand.
" S-Sorry! I didn't realize..."
Zane began to hold his own hand that was just released from my grasp, he help it near his chest and looked to the side of him.
" It's ok, it was a simple mistake."
An awkward silenced fell upon the both of us, Shoot I didn't think this far, I just thought that I needed to find him again, but now that I've found him what do I do?!
" So..you said you had a question, about the witches on the surface?"
He quickly snapped out of whatever thought that we was in and suddenly the quiet and shy vibe around him turned to excitement and curiosity. Odd..yet..cute...I think I am falling for Zane if I continue to have these thoughts...

« Zane's POV »
As I was reminded about my question I lit up as a million questions ran through me head, That's right! Now that I have a human right in front of my that won't harm me I can ask all sorts of questions that have been on my mind for years!! I flooded him with questions all at once, having a hard time containing my excitement and curiosity about the "Surface".
" How come you can breath underwater? What do you have legs and not a tail? What kind of plants grow on the surface? Do you have elemental powers like witches? Do you have spell books? Are you a witch? What's the difference between a witch and a human? Do you call your witches above on the surface sorcerers like we do? What do you eat? What kind of food do you have? Do you eat your own kind?!"
I looked back up at Travis to see him absolutely dumbfounded by all of my questions, Maybe I asked them a bit too fast? Travis than started to laugh a bit as he calmed down from the sudden laughing fit he ruffled my hair. Odd...yet I become more curious by this new action.
" I'll answer all of your questions but slow down and one at a time."
He flashed me a bright toothy smile, I felt myself flutter on the inside, maybe it could be that I was so excited or maybe it was something else...I for filled he requested and asked all of my questions again but slower, for him to actually answer them and one at a time. He makes me smiles and feel all warm inside, I'm new to this feeling, I've never felt it before..maybe he'd know but I think I'll ask Loni about it later, we'd laugh and continue to talk until he had answered all of my questions that came to my mind, I felt satisfied and happy, I was right after all, we could learn so many new things with and about the human, not all of them were bad. It was all just the stuff my father had positioned in the kingdoms minds, and a little bit of my own..I'll change that, I'll change that all soon, just you wait..just you wait...