Chapter 1: The Ocean

Two Weeks Earlier

"Why is it called "Ocean"?" Jungkook au Solaris asks his older brother, while he admires the biggest space ship he has ever seen.

Seokjin throws his arm around his little brother, with a proud smile on his face.

"Oceans are vast and mysterious. Oceans are a natural force, sometimes calm and peaceful, sometimes wild and unstoppable. But I didn't name my ship because of all this. One of the most beautiful moments in my life happened on the shore of an Ocean on Earth, during a beautiful sunny day. Do you remember? We were together, and that was the last time all seven of us were in the same place." Seokjin says, while he stares off in the distance, lost in his memories.

"I remember that day very well, but I didn't know that it was that important to you. You chose a good name. It's a really beautiful ship." Jungkook says as they stop in front of a massive white space ship.

He traces the outline of one of the huge flower petals, engraved on one side of the ship.

"Well, of course it's beautiful. After all, I am Solar System handsome. I needed a ship that matches my reputation." Jin laughs loudly while Jungkook rolls his eyes and joins the laughter.

One of the techOperators interrupts them.

"Dominus, blues say that we are ready to take off. What should I tell them?" She asks.

Jin reads the holoTag on her vest. "Hana si Lim, you are new?"

He smiles gently.

"Tell them we are ready. Let's launch in 30 minutes." Jin says and nods to Hana.

"Noted. And yes, I'm new and I am honored to be a part of your fleet." She bows and quickly disappears through the crowded space station on Phobos.

Jungkook chuckles.

"What?" Seokjin asks, looking at his brother with a raised eyebrow.

"Don't tell me that you know all the members of your crew? There's like ... a thousand of them?" Jungkook asks.

"Of course I know all of their names. First of all, I have an impeccable memory, and second of all– I respect all of my people. I don't care about their color position in the society, because as we take off the ground, we all depend on each other, we are a family and we fight together. This is something you should remember if you want to be a good commander one day." Seokjin says proudly, looking at his little brother.

"This will be harder than I thought." Jungkook says as he tilts his head to the right side with a smirk. "But, you know me brother, I am a fast learner and I learn from the best." He says and shyly smiles.

"Oh yes, I am the best teacher you could ever get." Seokjin says as he lifts his chin up and smiles.

"Brother, who said I was talking about you?" Jungkook says and starts running away, laughing.

"Ah, this kid." Seokjin laughs and takes his holo.

As Seokjin absently scrolls the pad, a gray quickly approaches him.

"Dominus!" He yells, breathless.

"Trigg? What happened?" Seokjin asks, worried.

"I'm sorry to bring the bad news, but we were betrayed. I know that this was supposed to be a checkup mission to test our new ships and introduce new recruits to the Armada, but apparently we have snakes in our orders." Trigg says, shaking his head in frustration, his lips tight.

"Trigg? Are you sane? What are you talking about?" Jin asks, his eyes wide.

"I wish I was joking, but I'm not. Someone gave us away! They are waiting for us to take off and then they will attack. If we stay here– they will attack Phobos. So we need to move and we need to do it fast as fast as possible. They know that we're not ready to FIGHT." Trigg yells, throwing his hands in the air.