Chapter 2: The Boys Are Coming

<Disclaimer: We posted TheLostStar Glossary on our profile. We suggest that you read it first before going into this chapter and introduce yourself to important terms that will make the reading easier> <It's short, we promise <3 >

Location: The Ocean, au Solaris main ship.

Doctor Mateo hwa Ferrous is standing near the huge glass window which is the only thing that separates him from Seokjin's infirmary room. The beeping of the cardiac monitor is the only sound that can be heard in the long white corridor of the west wing on the Ocean.

He looks at the young man's face, worriedly. Seokjin sleeps so peacefully, a hint of a smile gracing his beautiful face. He is calm and silent, as if nothing had happened and he's simply taking a nap.

The silence is broken by the stamping of heavy gravBoots against the metal floor. A tall, dark-haired man with a long scar across his cheek, approaches Doctor hwa Ferrous.

"Any news, Doctor." The man says spitting the last word out.

"A Peerless Scarred?" The Doctor thinks to himself as he eyes the long, white scar across the man's face.

He straightens his back and folds his arms in front of himself, before he starts to speak.

"He's been like that ever since they brought him in. He lost all of his memories due to a concussion, so we sedated him since he was too overwhelmed." The Doctor says trying his best to keep his voice steady in front of one of the most powerful men in the entire Solar System.

"His physical condition is already better. He recovered quickly. But his memories are gone and we have no clue when and if they will come back. There's nothing we can do about it. We can just wait." The Doctor says tensing up as the man next to him takes out his holo and sighs deeply.

"We don't have time for this. Sovereign will not be pleased. Find a way to fix him, and do it quickly." The man says as he turns on his heel and starts walking down the hall.

The Doctor clears his throat.

"I'm sorry, Dominus, but you are aware that he's still a human being, yes? Not a machine, not a puppet." The Doctor says regretting the words, immediately.

The man stops suddenly, turning around with a hint of anger in his voice.

"Doctor, Doctor, Doctor, you are aware of your position here. Do what you are told to do. Obey the Sovereign and remember your place in the society system before it's too late." The man says with a venomous smile.

Doctor hwa Ferrous lowers his head as a sign of obedience. He's burning on the inside, but he has to remain calm.

"One more thing." The Gold man says. "The news about his state cannot leave this ship. No one can know about this. It would stir up the whole republic and that is something we cannot allow. Do you understand?" The Gold man says, raising his eyebrows.

"Yes, Dominus. You have my word. Give my regards to the Sovereign." The Doctor says as he bows slowly, his fists clenched.

"Good." The man says and after a long stare at the sleeping Seokjin, he finally leaves the Ocean. The Doctor looks at him as he leaves, still unable to calm down, blood boiling in his veins. Then he turns back to Seokjin who is sleeping in a room behind the huge glass window, and his face softens.

"Please wake up, Dominus—Jin, without you the Republic will collapse, please." The Doctor says to himself as he takes off his glasses and massages his temples with his shaking hands.