mi

"Hello, I'm Kim Seokjin," the tall boy says, politely bowing, "it's nice to meet you all."

The teacher motions for him to take a seat at the back. When Seokjin follows the teacher's guide to the back seat, he freezes, locking eyes with the guy he's going to be sitting next to.

The Shortie.

It's that guy he was supposed to lend an umbrella to earlier, the one who called him a mushroom with chicken thighs. Or, he chuckles mentally, unintentionally called him a snack. Seokjin doesn't mean to honk his own horn but it's not uncommon for people to find him snack-worthy. He's just surprised it can happen at an all-boys school.

He unfreezes then goes to his seat, and the lesson starts.

Short is leaning on the wall, eyebrows raised at Seokjin in a what the heck are you doing here look which he duly ignores, smoothly sliding into his own seat. 

As time ticks ever so slowly he decides when to call him Short in revenge for offending his thighs but the guy just sleeps all throughout. How does he even do that in front of this terrifying Ebenezer Scrooge of a teacher? 

Seokjin observes the boy next to him, sleeping without a care in the world. He already knows that he hates him, what with all his snappy comments. Where does all his sass fit in that tiny body?

"-there will be a project for your music and arts grades. You will all be making a music video," he catches a bit of what the teacher says, making him look up. Groans erupt from the class. "The person next to you will be your partner. It's due the Friday before exams."

Wait, what?

He rewinds what the teacher had just said.

The person next to you will be your partner.

He looks back at the sassy boy next to him, horror on his face at the prospect of having to deal with the comebacks for the next few weeks. The boy is already grinning up at him, still nonchalant as ever.

"'Sup partner," he says.

And it was in that moment he knew, he heard a deep, dramatic voice say somewhere at the back of his mind.

He doesn't bother finishing the thought.